MoogGrandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
Finally, Moog follows their roots all the way back to the original matriarch, fondly known as Grandmother. This semi-modular analog synthesizer boasts an integrated arpeggiator, sequencer, and spring reverb tank. All of the front panel modules can be reoriented to suit the user's particular needs.
Grandmother's semi-modular architecture negates the need for patching while simultaneously providing access to intricate sounds and modulation configurations, all while remaining in the analog domain. Of course, Grandmother can be patched as well, giving her an opportunity to connect with the rest of the family and opening the door to limitless sonic potential. Since patching supersedes the internal connections, each module can function entirely independently. To this extent, users can mobilize Grandmother as a sophisticated external signal processor.
Those perplexed about the maternal designation would do well to remember what Freud used to say: sometimes a grandmother is just a synthesizer.
- Spring Reverb section can be used as exclusive external sound processor
- External audio input allows users to connect a variety of instruments
- Semi-modular architecture, patching is not mandatory
- Integrated arpeggiator and sequencer
- Internal memory holds up to 3 sequences, 256 notes each
- Dual analog oscillators
- Selectabel waveshape and hard sync for each oscillator
- 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole HPF
- ADSR envelope generator
- Analog LFO stretches well into audio range
- 32-note Fatar keyboard
- Normalized connections can be disrupted via patching
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- 41 patch points w/ 21 inputs, 16 outputs, and a 4-jack mult
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Dimensions: 23" W x 14.25" D x 5.5" H
- Includes power adapter
- Power adapter specs: 12V, 2A -100 to 240V AC, 50/60Hz