Make NoiseXPO Stereo Prismatic Oscillator
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Make Noise XPO
Vivid and animated, the Make Noise XPO is an analog oscillator that offers three distinct varieties of stereo animation for crafting vibrant Eurorack patches. With XPO and a curated selection of other modules, it's possible to assemble a fully-stereo signal path from start to finish. Paired with other Make Noise favorites like QPAS, Mimeophon, and X-PAN, it's the centerpiece of a remarkably rich playground for stereo patching.
There's simply no shortage of outputs on the XPO, with 11 total simultaneous outputs split into three stereo pairs and five mono outs. Inside, plenty of analog magic is at play to give the XPO its colorful stereo image, which is achieved through stereo pulse-width modulation, stereo Vari-Timbre—inspired by their STO, and stereo wavefolding—borrowed from the DPO. With a symmetrical layout similar to QPAS, movement for both sides can be created with the Modulate-L and Modulate-R controls, scaled and set through attenuverters. Signals patched into the left side normalize across the module for easy movement, or patch a different signal from your system—related or not—into the right side for totally independent stereo tomfoolery. And for the Vari-Timbre and stereo wavefolder circuits, a Center parameter provides further shaping across both sides of the stereo field.
As for the mono outputs, these are laid out across the top of the module, covering traditional waveforms like sine, triangle, and sawtooth plus spike and sub. While XPO certainly shines through its stereo magic, these bread-and-butter outputs are for providing a sonic foundation that cuts right through the center of a mix, and are also valuable sources of audio-rate modulation to further enrich the timbres in your patch. Try using one of these to modulate the cutoff of a filter processing XPO's stereo outputs, or self-patch into XPO for grit and chaos.
Rounding out the feature-set, XPO contains additional inputs for essential oscillator functionality. Though it is just a single oscillator, two 1V/Oct inputs allow for the stacking of sequences, transposition, or brutally powerful FM. Speaking of which, XPO offers both linear and exponential FM input, with the former featuring voltage-controlled FM index and a normalled-connection to the sub-oscillator, while the latter offers an attenuverter. And of course, there's a hard sync input for those characterful growls and sweeps—which sound great in stereo! Whether you're completing your suite of stereo Make Noise modules or simply adding another colorful member to your ensemble, the XPO won't disappoint.
- Stereo analog VCO
- 3 stereo pairs and 5 mono waveforms make for a total of 11 different outputs!
- Provides stereo pulse-width modulation, stereo Vari-Timbre, and stereo wavefolding
- Mono outputs for sine, triangle, sawtooth, spike, and sub waveforms
- Modulate-L and Modulate-R controls and CV inputs
- Modulate-L input signal normalizes to right side
- Center parameter for further control of Vari-Timbre and wavefolder sections
- Linear and Exponential FM inputs
- Dual 1V/Oct inputs
- Hard sync input
- Eurorack module
- Width: 18hp
- Depth: 45mm
- Current draw: 140mA @ +12V, 132mA @ -12V
On Friday July 15th at 7pm PST, Make Noise founder Tony Rolando shows off his newest Eurorack module design, alongside long-time modular artist Rodent.
Make Noise has a long history of shaking up the modular synth world with fresh, forward-thinking, and downright fun new modules and standalone instruments.
This marks Make Noise's first new release since 2021's Strega, and their first new Eurorack module since 2019's Mimeophon.
The stream will feature a module overview, Q+A, and live examples of the new design.
We live for music gear here at Perfect Circuit, so we talked to our staff about their FAVORITE gear of the year !
The XPO is designed to be the Stereo VCO complement to our Stereo Filter, the QPAS. The two modules share the core idea of complex circuits being controlled in multiple dimensions in the stereo field by a few powerful parameters. The Stereo Prismatic Oscillator also makes a particularly useful patch buddy for the STO, Mimeophon, and X-PAN.
- Stereo Analog VCO with eleven simultaneous outputs (five mono outs and three stereo pairs)
- Modulate Timbre via Stereo Pulse-Width Modulation, Stereo Vari-Timbre, and Stereo Wavefolding
- Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Spike, and SUB mono outs
- Unique Mono versions of all Stereo Waveforms via Left output normalizations
- Modulate Left and Right channels together or separately thanks to normalization and attenuverters
- Center parameter adds additional timbre control to both sides of Vari-Timbre and Wavefolded outputs
- Linear FM Bus features voltage-control over FM depth and a normalization of SUB to FM input for easy GROWL
- Unique SYNC circuit
- Two 1v/oct inputs for transposition, melody stacking, or richest FM
- Expo FM input with attenuverter
- Designed to pair well with QPAS, Mimeophon, and X-PAN