Make NoiseWoggleBug Random Voltage Generator
- No Hassle
Make Noise WoggleBug
The Wogglebug, produced by Make Noise, is a Eurorack version of the classic Noise source designed by Grant Richter. It is closely related to the Smooth and Stepped Random Generator called "The Source of Uncertainty" from Buchla. The module is split into three different sections, Random Audio, Random CV and Random Clocks. At the bottom is a standard wide-range clock that also has a Speed Modulation input. This clock is the master controller for the Stepped output, which sample and holds in sync with the clock. There is also a button which can be used to trigger the steps manually. The Burst output provides a random gate that is dependent on the other knob locations. In the middle range, the Stepped random and Smooth random are fed the same signal, but in Smooth random, the edges are slewed, providing sloped random rather than stepped. The Woggle effect is a different kind of slew limiter, that also slows down the motion of the randomness but in a different character to the Smooth random. In the Audio section, there is a "Smooth" output, which is a classic Saw VCO that controlled by all other knobs. The Woggle output is a squarewave doing the same thing, while the middle output is a blended waveshape of both of them. Each parameter is voltage controlled, allowing the character of the random to constantly be shifting. Fractal randomness has never been so accessible.
- Complete Complex Random Voltage Generation System Module (no external modules necessary)
- Two VCOs, Phase Lock Loop, Lag Processor, Clock, Burst Generator and Sample & Hold
- Generates 7 Random Signals simultaneously: Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO, Ring Mod, Stepped, Smooth, Woggle, Burst
- Generates ultra stable, voltage controlled Master Clock
- External inputs for S&H (Heart IN) and Ring-Mod (Influence)
- Disturb button adds performance element
- Wonderful for modulating the Phonogene and DPO
- Eurorack Module
- 10 HP Width
- 24mm Depth
- Current Draw: 50mA @ +12V, 40mA @ -12V
New features in the Richter Wogglebug:
- A much more stable clock output with the widest frequency range yet seen on a Wogglebug. The clock now goes up to about 200Hz, allowing the Control Voltage and Gate OUTputs to be heard directly as different flavors of analog and digital noise.
- In previous Wogglebugs, the clock had been locked to the internal Sample and Hold Circuit. Now, with the Richter Wogglebug, the clock can be freed by the independent External Clock INput or the Disturb Button. Regardless of what is happening at these control points, the Internal Clock OUTput will continue to run at the specified rate, keeping it open for use as a Master Clock at all times.
- The Disturb Button allows the Sample and Hold Circuit to be clocked manually: press to sample, release to hold. When the Wogglebug is running fast, this can slow it down. When running slow or not at all, this kicks it in the ass and delivers the next set of random values.
- The Smooth VCO is a brand new waveform, Sharktooth.
- The Influence input has a greater effect on all parts of the Wogglebug's psyche than the previous Ring Mod input.
- The Burst output is more active and ALL portions of the Wogglebug are more responsive to control and touch.