Make NoiseTelharmonic Additive Synthesizer
- No Hassle
Make Noise Telharmonic
Note: The Spiratone and tELHARMONIC are included in the same module. To access the Spiratone, have nothing patched into D-Gate and Hold H-Lock for 5 seconds.
The Telharmonic from Make Noise is an ode to synthesis history. In implements digital models of three classic early electronic tone generation techniques. The first one is a 3-Voice additive harmonic synthesis engine that is inspired by the development of the Telharmonium (where the module gets its title), invented by Thaddeus Cahill in 1897. The second is modeled after a computer program written by James Tenney at Bell Laboratories in 1961. This synthesis model was made to generate fluctuating noise bands. The third synthesis engine is a classic Phase Modulation modeler, as used in many commercial digital synths from the 1980s.
Telharmonic also has another approach to generating Harmonic Motion in the Eurorack realm. The Tonic, Interval, Degree, and D-Gate controls allow for creating complex chord progressions with patch logic and modulation. Such a “music theory generator” is lacking in modular synthesis, and this fills that role while also providing fresh and interesting timbres.
- Multi-Voice, Multi-Algorithm Additive Synthesizer Module
- 3 Voice Additive Harmonic Synthesis Inspired by Thaddeus Cahill’s Telharmonium, 1897
- Noise synthesis inspired by early computer music piece "Analog 1: Noise Study" by James Tenney, 1961
- 3 Voice Phase Modulation synthesis inspired by early commercial digital synthesis, 1980's
- Noise, Harmonic and Phase Mod Algorithms available simultaneously at their respective outputs
- CENTROID, FLUX and H-LOCK animate each Algorithm uniquely
- 6 octaves of continuous 1V/ Octave pitch control
- 4 octaves of quantized pitch control
- Voltage Controlled Music Theory
- DEGREE Modulation able to be synchronized to clock or gate via D-Gate input
- Gate Out completes the conversation between tELHARMONIC and rest of system!
- Utilizes High performance DSP hardware with 24bit, 48kHz codec, 32 bit floating point processing
- Reasonable power consumption
- Pairs well with Optomix
- Eurorack Module
- 14 HP Width
- 30mm Depth
- Current Draw: 139mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V