ASMHydrasynth Desktop Digital Synthesizer
- SAVE $150
- No Hassle
Ashun Sound Machines Hydrasynth
Ashun Sound Machines introduces Hydrasynth, an eight-voice polyphonic wave-morphing synthesizer with three oscillators per voice, seemingly endless amount of modulation options, and many other unique features such as Mutators. Besides traditional analog modeling, oscillators 1 and 2 sport a Wavescanning feature, which allows you to smoothly scan through hundreds of waveshapes at will. Mutators open up the potential for even more extreme sound shaping with PWM, FM, and more. Then there are two filters: a multi-algorithm multimode, and a classic morphing state-variable 12dB/oct, which can be routed in parallel, and in series. Hydrasynth also has a ton of effects, from Delays to Reverbs to Flangers, and much more.
The modulation section is equipped with a comprehensive Mod Matrix, five LFOs, and five loopable DAHDSR envelopes with definable Curve and BPM value for each segment. Eight assignable Macros can be used for advanced control over multiple parameters. Although creating new sounds on Hydrasynth is very intuitive, the synth also features a Randomizer that can be applied as to individual modules, as well as to the whole patch itself.
The desktop version of Hydrasynth is equipped with a grid of poly aftertouch-enabled sensitive pads. More than that, the synthesizer also includes a complex arpeggiator with comprehensive options for the note sequencing, direction, and probability.
- Eight-voice polyphonic wave morphing synthesizer
- RGB backlit pads with polyphonic aftertouch
- Easy scale definition for pads with an enormous number of pre-defined scales
- OLED displays for waveform visualization and patch editing/performance display
- Endless encoders with LED rings
- Arpeggiator with complex control options
- Assignable Macro controls per patch
- Open-ended modulation matrix with up to 32 paths
- Three oscillators per voice with 219 selectable waveforms
- Oscillators 1 and 2 offer Wave Scanning
- Four Mutators per voice, allowing FM, PWM, Sync, Harmonic scanning, and more
- Uncommonly flexible ring modulator and noise section
- Two filters per voice, with parallel or series configurations
- Filter 1 offers several different modes, including LPG and Formant
- Filter 2: classic state-variable 12dB/octave morphing filter
- Five looping DAHDSR envelopes with option for relating segment duration to current BPM
- Five complex LFOs
- Integrated delay, reverb, and various modulation effects
- CV & Gate I/O for easy integration into modular synth workflows
- Global & per module randomization and initialization always accessible straight on the front panel, complete with intelligent randomization features
- Easy access to each module's internal parameters via Module Select buttons
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru & MIDI via USB-B
- CV/Gate: I/O at standard selectable Eurorack levels via 3.5mm jacks
- Headphones: 1/4" and 3.5mm
- Outputs: Stereo 1/4"
- Sustain: 1/4" input
- Expression: assignable 1/4" input
- PSU: 12VDC, included
- Rack ears included
Both versions of the Hydrasynth have CV ins and outs which can be used to control or sync eurorack gear to the Hydrasynth. The CV inputs are even audio rate so you can run external sounds into the Hydrasynth with them.
Each Hydrasynth voice also features four Mutators (or Mutants)...processes that enable classic effects like FM, sync, and PWM. The Mutators take each of these techniques into far deeper territory than typically possible, however, often transforming these familiar tricks into something entirely new.
Even without touching the filters or effects, the Hydrasynth is an incredibly powerful instrument.
Most of these tips can be applied to any version of the Hydrasynth, meaning that regardless of your preferred flavor of Hydrasynth, you can be sure you've got one of the most capable sound engines around.