ALM Busy CircuitsMFX Stereo Multi-Effects Processor
- STAFF PICK
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
ALM Busy Circuits MFX
Save space while maximizing your sound design opportunities with MFX by ALM Busy Circuits, a stereo multi-effects processor packed with ALM's favorite effects throughout the decades. Featuring tonal shaping, modulation, and spatializing effects, the MFX includes 14 individual effects with unique parameters and sonic characteristics that can process either mono or stereo inputs and even synchronize to an external clock with a dedicated input. Much like their famed and fan favorite Pamela's NEW Workout, navigating the MFX is easy and snappy with a program push encoder to dial in each parameter via the stylish OLED screen—there's even a back button for simplified page navigation!
MFX's effects are half made-up of echoes and reverbs including tape, PCM, and multi-tap as well as plates, rooms, and atmospheric spaces, respectively. These offer loads of timbres and stereo imaging for creating dark and moody spaces to bright and ethereal ones, while the other half of the effects introduces more aggressive sculpting of transient shaping, distortion, and even compression. For more bite and grit, the MFX features a bit-corrupter for mimicking faulty digital audio equipment as well as an FM/RM effect for creating gnarly and bell-like tones. MFX even covers widening through its use of modulating panning as well as ensemble/chorus effects to push your signals from lush and roomy to frantic and swirling.
All of MFX's parameters can be modulated externally via the three assignable CV inputs, and further CV control can be implemented over expansion with ALM's AXON-1. Try out some of the factory presets to get a feel and save your own for recall throughout your performance or sound design process. With USB-C functionality on the back to update the firmware down the line, the MFX from ALM is your one-stop-shop for maximal effects processing in a minimal module space.
- Stereo multi-FX processing module
- 14 different effects processors with multiple modes and parameters
- Designed around ALM's favorite effects from the 70s to today
- Effects include echoes, reverbs, compression, distortion, RM/FM, chorus, and transient shaping
- Additional utilities include oscilloscope and tuner
- Stereo audio I/O with input LED clipping indicators
- External clock input for synchronizing effects
- OLED display with program knob and back button for navigating module parameters
- Three assignable CV inputs with expansion to seven inputs via jumper to AXON-1
- Includes factory presets and allows user-recallable presets
- Eurorack module
- Width: 6hp
- Depth: 32mm
- Current draw: 50mA @ +12V, 15mA @ -12V