SoundmachinesArches Tactile CV / MIDI Controller
The Soundmachines Arches is a universal electronic music controller inspired by Buchla's 222e/223e, providing CV and MIDI control for use with synthesizers, computers, and more. Based on a wide array of ergonomically-arranged sensors, Arches can act as a keyboard, a bank of sliders, and even both of these combined—providing extensive reconfigurability so that users can make Arches the perfect controller for their own setup.
Arches provides a huge range of data output options: 32 reconfigurable CV outputs, DIN MIDI, USB MIDI, and even MIDI via Bluetooth all work in tandem to make Arches a viable controller for almost any sort of performance situation. With two XY pads with surface capacitance output, eight Lightstrip-style keys with optional latching/non-latching position behavior, four additional Lightstrips, and an array of assignable buttons, Arches provides enough user input options to act as a truly expressive, advanced control.
The Arches pairs well with Eurorack modular synths, Max/MSP, standard DAWs, MIDI hardware and more—making it perhaps one of the most advanced controllers available.
- Reconfigurable tactile controller for expressive synthesizer performance
- Produces an extensive range of CV & Gate
- MIDI input and output via 5-pin DIN
- MIDI via USB and Bluetooth
- Can operate as many independent control sources, as a keyboard—or both of these at once!
- Includes Buchla-like blue & white overlay
- Ships in self-contained metal chassis, but can be mounted in standard Eurorack enclosure
- DImensions: 5.25 x 18 x 2.5"
- Power: 1000mA @ +12V, includes 12VDC PSU