InstruoArbhar V2 Granular Audio Processor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The Instruo Arbhar is a granular module that introduces the Lexer method of granular synthesis and is perfect for processing, mangling, and transforming audio into new sounds. It features six buffers with up to ten seconds of audio record time, plus an all samples linked mode.
Audio can be sampled using the audio inputs, or you can use the on-board condenser microphone. The record function can be automated with a gate input or triggered by a button. Additionally, there is an onset input that analyzes the incoming audio—but as of firmware V2, this may be repurposed for stereo audio input. Additionally, there is an onset input that analyzes the incoming audio with four onset analysis modes. These affect whether the onset analysis triggers the capture of audio at the onset input. The behavior of the trigger/gate output is also dependent on the current active onset mode. The Arbhar features a back-lit LED window that provides clear indication of which sample is selected, plus the length, amplitude, and buffer position of the sample.
The audio's buffer position can be scrubbed through in three-second chunks with the scan control. In follow mode, the playhead's movement becomes automated, with the scan knob determining the speed of the movement. Arbhar features control over pitch with internal modulation that goes from random slewed pitch deviation, no pitch deviation, or quantized pitch deviation. The playback mode of the samples can be forward or reverse. With the playback direction control in the middle position, the module performs a coin toss operation to determine whether to play the audio forward or reverse. The intensity control sets the distribution of grains. The grain size goes down to single cycle waveforms and the module becomes a wavetable oscillator that tracks v/oct. The strike input and button fires a grain. The grain will complete its duration, set by the pitch control. Multiple grains can be played back and layered over each other.
The Arbhar also ships with a 2hp expander that includes CV control over spray, layer, probability, skew, random, dub, hold, and dry/wet mix. There's also a 2hp USB expander to access new V2.0 features and configurations from the front of your modular system, as well as ease the process of loading new samples onto your module.
- Granular module
- New granular algorithm, the Lexer method
- 3 operating modes: Scan, Follow, and Wavetable
- Six buffers of up to ten seconds each
- Polyphonic granular playback
- Dual engine architecture for processing internal and external sounds
- Average maximum grain count of 44 per engine / 88 total
- True stereo grain capturing and generation on V2 firmware
- Built-in condenser mic
- Automatic capture control
- Accumulative recording modes let you start and stop recording in buffers
- Forward or backwards playback with probability
- Input and output gain
- Dry/wet control
- Clock in/out
- Supports up to 42 scenes with encapsulated audio buffers and configurations
- Includes 2hp CV input expander
- Includes 2hp USB port expander
- Eurorack module
- Width: 18hp
- Depth: 42mm
- Current draw: 210mA @ +12v, 30mA @ -12v
In 2019 the launch of the arbhar heralded a new generation of granular processing in Eurorack. Sampled audio can be chopped into tiny grains, scattered, shaped, re-pitched, reversed, and layered for an endless range of audio manipulation from seamless frozen tones to mutated acousmatic madness. Each grain sounds with its defined specifications. When modulation is used, the "per-grain parameter" definition allows for true polyphonic layering.
With the introduction of firmware version 2 (2023) comes a complete rewrite of the entire codebase to implement both technical and conceptual improvements that will enhance the entire user experience of the arbhar. We have ensured that the overall feel of the module has been preserved as much as possible. Advances in efficiency and expanded features will allow the arbhar to explore many more sonic and musical spaces.
Meet the Lexer Method 2.0.
• Up to 88 stereo grains between two granular engines, allowing for polyphonic layering
• Mono and stereo input configurations
• Six 10 second individual audio buffers
• 1 volt per octave pitch tracking
• On-board random pitch deviation and grain direction probability
• Scan mode, Follow mode, and Wavetable mode
• Stereo pan, feedback delay, and reverb configurations
• Built-in condenser microphone
• Analogue input pre-amplifier and limiter
• Audio analysis with onset detection for automatic audio capturing
• Includes 2 HP passive CV Expansion module and 4GB USB flash drive
• User-definable configuration for complete instrument customisation
• Save, Load and Clone audio between layers
• Curate/recall entire performance configurations with up to 42 Scenes.
• USB import and export functionality