Expert Sleepers ESX-8CV Expansion
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Expert Sleepers ESX-8CV
The Expert Sleepers ESX-8CV Expansion module adds eight CV outputs to their ES-4, ES-40, and ES-5 modules.
The module utilizes a single 8-bit connection routed to eight 12-bit time-multiplexed channels. It provides an advantage as opposed to traditional MIDI interfaces by offering accurate timing and no jitter. Because of the unit’s compact size and generous routing capabilities, its channels had to be optimized—hence the time-multiplexing. This essentially means that the module’s channels run anywhere between one-third and one-twenty fourth of the master sample rate. This makes the module adept at CV processing, but not so great for audio or quick envelope signals.
- Digital input: connection from ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5 module
- Analogue outputs: 8x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Output voltages: ±5.33V hardware calibrated, or ±9.5V uncalibrated (jumper setting)
- D/A conversion: 12 bit, using high precision Analog Devices DACs
- Indicators: 1 LED per channel (showing both +ve and -ve voltages)
- Eurorack Module
- 4HP Width
- 49mm Depth
- +12v: 51mA Current Draw
- -12v: 41mA Current Draw
- The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole).
- The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
- The ESX-8CV requires software in order to time-multiplex the eight output signals, and to encode them for the ES-4 or ES-5.
- Currently, the only such software is the 'ESX-8CV Combiner' plug-in, part of Expert Sleepers Silent Way, and our Max/MSP external (see below).
- Silent Way is available in AudioUnit, VST & AAX formats for Mac OS X and Windows. Use of Silent Way therefore requires a compatible host application (DAW).
- A Silent Way licence is not included with the ESX-8CV - however, the ESX-8CV Combiner plug-in functions in a licence-free mode.
- So, ESX-8CV users are not forced to buy Silent Way. Such users can than evaluate the rest of the Silent Way suite in demo mode.