Expert SleepersES-40 SPDIF Interface
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Expert Sleepers ES-40
The Expert Sleepers ES-40 module converts a S/PDIF input to five separate expansion header channels for use with their ESX line of expanders, such as the ESX-8GT, ESX-4CV, ESX-8CV, and the ESX-8MD. The module is basically the ES-4 sans CV outputs and DACs.
Users can connect any audio interface to the module using a standard S/PDIF connector.
Additionally, there’s a S/PDIF output that allows for data to be routed back to the computer. This output can be used with ES-40 expansion modules such as the ES-7 CV Input Expander.
Like its predecessor, when combined with ES and ESX expansion modules, the ES-40 allows for a variety of signal generation, including CV generation, CV/Gate pairs, drum triggers, MIDI/DINsync, and Digital Audio.
- Digital input: coaxial S/PDIF, standard rates up to 192kHz
- Digital output: coaxial S/PDIF
- Indicators: LED for S/PDIF sync lock
- 5 headers for connecting ESX series modules
- Digital audio I/O header (I2S format) for input expansion (e.g. ES-7)
- Eurorack Module
- 6HP Width
- 51mm Depth
- +12v: 26mA Current Draw
- -12v: 26mA Current Draw (at 48kHz, 32mA at 96kHz, etc.)
- The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole).
- The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
- Unlike the ES-3, the ES-40 requires particular software in order to generate meaningful output signals.
- Currently, the only such software is the 'ES-4 Controller' plug-in, part of Expert Sleepers Silent Way, and our Max/MSP external (see below).
- Note that the ES-40 works with all software written for the (previously available) ES-4 - software-wise, the two are interchangable.
- A Silent Way licence is not included with the ES-40 - however, the ES-4 Controller plug-in functions in a license-free mode, so ES-40 users are not forced to buy Silent Way.