YamahaHS8S Powered Studio Subwoofer
- No Hassle
Many studio monitors don't tell the entire story of your mix—often designed to handle frequencies no lower than 40 or 50Hz, most affordable nearfield studio monitors can leave entire aspects of your music unnoticed. If you're creating dance music, cinematic sound design, or anything else that requires a lot of attention to detail in the low frequency range, a pair of studio monitors alone won't do the job: that's why a studio subwoofer is an invaluable addition to many setups. Luckily for home studios or producers on a budget, Yamaha has applied their decades of experience creating discerning studio monitors to exactly this task, producing the HS8S—a powered subwoofer now part of their famous HS series line of powered studio monitors.
HS8S uses a 150W amp and 8" cone driver to help you add the "oomph" that your music has been missing. With a focused frequency response from 22Hz–150Hz, it's designed specifically to provide you clarity into the state of your mix's low end. Much like the rest of the HS series monitors, HS8S doesn't sugar coat things: it is a precise and trustworthy tool that will help you make informed mixing decisions so that your tracks will translate across any system they might be played on.
The HS8S features a built-in crossover designed to help you get the most out of your monitors. With stereo XLR or TRS/TS inputs and XLR crossover outputs, you can simply connect your interface's main outputs directly to the sub, and then connect from the sub's outputs to your main monitors. This keeps your low and high frequency content neatly separated, allowing your monitors to do what they do best, and your sub to do what it does best—without getting in one another's way. The crossover features adjustable low cut and high cut filters, making it easy to fine-tune the crossover response to best match whatever monitors you may be using. The sub also features a dedicated level control and phase reversal switch, making it simple to make the fine adjustments required to match your personal listening situation.
Though designed as an accompaniment to Yamaha's own HS5, HS7, and HS8 studio monitors, the HS8S can be paired with any powered studio monitors to good effect—with its host of rear-panel customization options, it can find a home in practically any studio setup. If you're looking to get a clearer picture of your mix's low end, HS8S provides the honest perspective that you need.
- Powered studio subwoofer
- Designed for an honest, critical look at your mix's low-end
- Built to the same engineering standards as the rest of Yamaha's HS Series
- Clear, articulate frequency response from 22Hz–150Hz
- 8" cone woofer with 150W power amp built in
- Integrated crossover with dedicated low cut and high cut filter adjustments
- Dedicated level control and phase reversal option
- Compact and discreet design
- Pairs excellently with Yamaha's HS5, HS7, or HS8 powered studio reference monitors
- Works great with virtually any powered studio monitor pair
- Speaker size/type: 8" cone woofer
- Total power: 150W
- Frequency range: 22–150Hz
- Input: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS/TS
- Crossover outputs: 2x XLR
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 11.8 x 15.3"
- Weight: 27.6lbs