YamahaHS8 Powered Studio Monitor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Yamaha HS8 Powered Studio Monitor
Every burgeoning studio needs a reliable pair of studio monitors—and Yamaha's HS8 powered studio monitors are some of the best available in their price range. Building off of Yamaha's legacy of brutally honest reference monitors, the HS Series is designed to give you a realistic idea of the state of your mix. Unlike many budget-friendly monitors, many of which accentuate bass and treble frequencies for a more flattering sound, the HS Series is all about truth: so if you want to know with certainty that what you're hearing is a realistic representation of your mix, then at this price point, the HS8 cannot be beaten.
HS8 is a bi-amped, two-way studio monitor with an eight-inch cone woofer and one-inch dome tweeter. With 75W of LF amplification and 45W of HF amplification, these monitors pack plenty of punch when needed—but also respond cleanly and clearly at low listening levels. The notably flat frequency response extends down to 38Hz and up to a supersonic 30kHz; so in many situations, you don't necessarily need a sub along with these (though of course, for music with a lot of low-frequency energy, Yamaha's HS8S powered studio subwoofer makes an excellent complement to the HS8).
HS8 features an overall level control, Room control, and High Trim response controls on the rear panel, allowing you to further tweak the monitor's response to your particular space and listening situation. Additionally, because of its powered design, it's easy to connect to all of your other studio gear with a simple XLR or TRS cable—just connect directly from your mixer or interface and you're ready to get down to business.
Mixing is a delicate process of balancing multiple sonic elements, and as such, your monitors are one of the most important tools for getting your mix just right. Yamaha has spent decades refining the design and experience of their studio monitors, and the HS8 is the most recent in their long series of trusted reference speakers. If you're looking for an honest representation of your sound—and who isn't?—then for the price, nothing else stacks up.
- The latest refinement in Yamaha's legacy of trusted studio monitors
- Flat, clear frequency response from 38Hz to 30kHz
- Powered design for easy integration into any studio setup
- 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 2-way bi-amped design
- 75W LF amplification + 45W HF amplification for clean, clear operation at any listening level
- Dedicated level control
- Room Control and HF Trim Control to optimize for use in your personal listening environment
- XLR and TRS inputs
- TRS jack accepts balanced or unbalanced signals
- Available in Black or White
- Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency range: (-10dB) 38Hz - 30kHz
- Components: LF 8" cone
- HF 1" dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output power: 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption: 60W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material: MDF
- Dimensions: W 250mm (9.8"), H 390mm (15.4"), D 334mm (13.1")
- Net weight: 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)