OberheimOB-X8 Bi-Timbral Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer - Desktop Module
- No Hassle
Smaller but just as powerful, the Oberheim OB-X8 Desktop is an eight-voice polysynth that combines the OB-X, OB-8, and OB-Xa into one gorgeous sounding unit. Take a tour through synth history by simply scrolling through the presets—organized into banks based on which original synth the sound is from. With all of the original sounds from the three aforementioned synths, plus a bevy of new creations, you don't even have to touch the knobs if you don't want to.
But, let's be real, of course you want to hot-knob this bad boy and the true joy can be found getting your hands dirty with the raw, gorgeous sound of the classic SEM/OB-X-like discrete oscillators that let you engage a Saw, Pulse, or Triangle with the push of a button. Buttons, actually, as you have two oscillators available, with the classic X-Mod available.
Easily sculpt your sound with the switchable filters to go from a multi-mode filter, to an SEM OB-X-style filter, to a Curtis filter, mimicking the OB-8 and OB-Xa characteristics. Add organic modulation with the onboard LFOs that can be routed to the filter frequency, PWM, pitch, and volume. Create rhythmic interest with a powerful onboard arpeggiator for interactive movement.
The Oberheim OB-X8 Desktop is a perfect addition to any studio setup that is already overrun with keyboards. The size is just large enough to make a statement and while being small enough to gently tuck itself nearby.
- Desktop version of OB-X8 8 voice polysynth
- Based on a combination of three classic '80s Oberheim synths: OB-8, OB-X, and OB-Xa (includes original presets)
- Two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice sine, saw, square, triangle, and noise with variable levels per oscillator
- Enhanced unison for stacking up to all eight voices
- Discrete SEM-lineage filters for OB-X tones with added SEM high-pass, band-pass, and notch filter types to classic low pass filter
- Highly modeled and refined envelope responses for matching each model
- Variable triangle wave cross-mod
- Bi-Timbrality for splits and layered patches
- Per-voice panning programmability for unique stereo width
- 400+ factory presets with 600+ user-programmable preset locations
- Dimensions: 22 x 8 x 3 in
- CV Inputs: 4x 1/4" for Clock, Volume, Filter, and Sustain
- Outputs: 3x TRS 1/4" balanced (mono, left, right)
- MIDI I/O: 3x 5-pin DIN (in/out/thru)
- 1x USB type-B