Noise EngineeringTerci Ruina Analog Distortion
Noise Engineering Terci Ruina
Noise Engineering's Terci Ruina is three classic analog distortion circuits in a 4hp Eurorack module. Each distortion may be used independently or in series, allowing a huge array of gnarly, destructive audio effects. Each distortion offers a different response and single variable control, providing countless ways to destroy any incoming signal. Terci Ruina is a fun and simple destination for sonic mayhem.
Terci Ruina Features
- Three classic distortions in 4hp
- Each section is independent, but normalized for serial configuration
- Super gross and dirty-sounding
- FB: bipolar transistors for gain and silicon diodes for clipping
- FF: op-amp based drive and silicon diode feedforward saturation
- FZ: two-stage bipolar transistor fuzz
- Eurorack module
- Width: 4hp
- Depth: 21mm
- Current draw: 30mA @ +12V, 25mA @ -12V
We also used the Sinc Bucina which is a low-pass gate with built in envelope and adjustable filter depth in only 4hp. Of course we needed some distortion which is provided by the Terci Ruina that is actually three distortions in one!