Noise EngineeringSinc Bucina Envelope + LPG
Noise Engineering Sinc Bucina
Noise Engineering's Sinc Bucina is a combination envelope generator and lowpass gate, perfect for everything from classic LPG plucks to traditional envelope/VCA response. Sinc Bucina builds on the concepts of the previous Sinclastic Empulatrix, and makes a perfect addition to any harmonically-rich sound source to create a full synth voice.
Sinc Bucina offers an integrated lowpass gate and simple envelope. The LPG provides 6dB, 12dB, and 0dB filter slopes. It is controlled via two methods: a normalization from the internal envelope, or via a dedicated "ping" input for classic all-decay LPG plucks.
The envelope is a simple ASR type, with definable Attack and Release times, dedicated gate in, and a manual "hit" button. The envelope provides a direct output as well, allowing its use as a modulator for additional modules.
Sinc Bucina Features
- Follow-up to the classic Sinclastic Empulatrix module
- Lowpass gate and envelope coupled in a single module
- Envelope offers continuously variable attack and decay
- Traditional gate input as well as "ping" input for classic LPG-like decay-only response
- Hit button for manual gating
- Optional 6dB/oct, 12dB/oct, and 0dB/oct LPG cutoff slope
- Eurorack module
- Width: 4hp
- Depth: 21mm
- Current draw: 45mA @ +12V, 40mA @ -12V
We also used the Sinc Bucina which is a low-pass gate with built in envelope and adjustable filter depth in only 4hp. Of course we needed some distortion which is provided by the Terci Ruina that is actually three distortions in one!