Intellijel DesignsDixie 2+ VCO
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Intellijel Dixie 2+
The Dixie 2+ from Intellijel represents David Dixon's game-changing triangle-core oscillator in its most functional form yet. Like its predecessors, it boasts astounding 1V/octave tracking abilities over 8 octaves, pulse-width modulation, hard sync, five great-sounding waveform outputs, and suboctave capabilities. Users of this more expansive version, however, also enjoy an additional linear/exponential FM input with attenuator, manual pulse-width control, and an 8-octave selector switch which is extremely useful when performing melodic passages. With its hard-sync, ample CV inputs, and extremely smooth waveforms, the Dixie 2+ can also be used as an incredibly powerful LFO.
Dixie 2+ Features
- 8-position octave switch for quick setting of course tuning.
- Fine tuning knob that turns to a coarse knob when in LFO mode.
- Dual FM inputs, with FM1 attenuator and switch to select between exponential and linear mode.
- Pulse width control with attenuator.
- Reset to 0 V hard sync input, ideal for percussive sounds or modulation.
- Flip sync circuit similar to but improved from the Dixie II.
- 6 waveform outputs: sine, triangle, zigzag, saw, pulse and suboctave.
The first, a growling bass, uses a stereo oscillator's unique stereo field to create evolving and animated filter movements and behavior.
The second, a classic Theremin sound, uses slight vibrato and reverb to create a warbled and eerie sound!
VCAs are some of the fundamental building blocks of synthesis and the modular environment, so these tips are focused on expanding your palette of patches, spicing up a stale sound, or giving you new ideas on how to use your tools.