ArturiaMiniFreak Hybrid Polyphonic Keyboard Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Building on the platform of the ever-popular MicroFreak, Arturia's new MiniFreak is an expanded, polyphonic version of the original that packs in a host of new features coupled with a traditional mini-keybed. With additional width to support 37 minikeys, many of the same control sections from the MicroFreak have shifted out horizontally, along with the addition of a new digital effects section and an expander sequencer and arpeggiator control lane. And with the companion MiniFreak V plugin, you have access to your favorite sounds in both hardware and software formats.
Besides the keyboard and polyphonic capabilities, one of the biggest changes is that there are now two oscillator engines per voice. Layer virtual analog with FM or physical modeling for hugely dimensional sounds, or enable one of Engine 2's processing modes to further affect the sounds of Engine 1 with digital filtering. Both oscillator engines are then routed into the Analog Filter, which provides classic lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filter types. The Cycling and ADSR-style Envelopes return in full-force, and are useful for shaping the filter, VCA, or numerous other destinations available in the expanded modulation matrix. Not seeing a parameter on the front panel? Be sure to dive into the Sound Edit menu to find other controls to shake up your sounds.
Totally new to the Freak family is the MiniFreak's three-slot digital effects engine, where you can choose between ten different effects to thicken up your sound. Explore space and time with chorus, delay, and reverb effects, grime things up with distortion, or take a more utilitarian approach with 3-band EQ. You'll also get plenty of mileage out of the MiniFreak's various voice modes, including Unison, Monophonic, Polyphonic, and 12-voice Paraphonic modes.
MiniFreak also offers some creative function modes for the pitch and mod touch sliders. In addition to the default behavior, new Macro functionality provides control over multiple parameters at once. You can also control the Arpeggiator or Sequencer, including the Spice and Dice features returning from the MicroFreak. The Sequencer is expanded across the keyboard for easy access to steps, plus various modes and playback settings.
Get your polyphonic freak on with the Arturia MiniFreak.
- 6-voice hybrid synthesizer
- Two sound engines per voice, with over 20 different sound modes
- Engine 2 may process the sound of Engine 1
- Analog filter section with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass
- ADSR envelope, cycling envelope, and 2 LFOs per voice
- 3-slot FX engine, with 10 effects types available
- 7x13 Modulation Matrix
- Slim-key 37-note keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Performable arpeggiator and sequencer
- External audio input
- Clock input and output, plus Reset
- 5-pin MIDI DIN In, Out, and Thru
- USB Type-B for computer connections
- Sustain pedal input
- Keys: 37 velocity-sensitive slim keys (with monophonic aftertouch)
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru via 5-pin DIN
- MIDI via USB-B (USB A to B cable included)
- Clock I/O: In, Out, and Reset Out via 3.5mm TS
- Outputs: 2x 1/4"
- Headphone out: 1x 1/4" stereo output
- Inputs: 1x 1/4" input
- Sustain pedal: sustain pedal input via 1/4" jack (pedal not included)
- Dimensions: 22.75 x 9.09 x 1.57" (578 x 231 x 55mm)
- Weight: 6.4lbs (2.94Kg)
- Power: 12VDC center positive, 1A (universal PSU included)