ALM Busy CircuitsQuaid Megaslope Complex Function Generator
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
ALM Busy Circuits Quaid Megaslope
The Quaid Megaslope is ALM Busy Circuits' expansive modular take on a complex envelope generator a la the Casio CZ series. It continues ALM's legacy of creating simple and intuitive modules with astounding functionality, and is sure to become a go-to modulation source in any Eurorack setup.
The Megaslope consists of five stages, with a slider used to determine the ultimate level of each stage and knobs to control the shape of motion to the next stage and the amount of time the transition takes (from ultra-snappy to glacial), along with CV control over both Stage Level and Time. In Envelope mode the Megaslope is a triggerable 5-stage envelope where any stage may be sustained using the Gate input, while Loop mode turns it into a five-stage LFO with retriggering and Step mode allows for the creation of 5-step sequences with adjustable slewing per step. Bipolar and Unipolar voltage outputs and End of Stage and End of Cycle trigger outputs blur the line between mere envelope and monolithic modulation powerhouse still further.
Quaid Megaslope Features
- Five-stage complex modulation source
- Env, Loop, and Step modes
- Logarithmic/Linear/Exponential shape per stage
- Sustain/Loop button for each stage and Master "Set" Sustain/Loop button
- Bipolar (+/- 5V) and Unipolar (0-8V) voltage outputs
- End of Cycle and End of Stage outputs
- Time and Level control per stage with CV input
- Time range: 1-2ms - approx. 3 minutes per stage
- Eurorack module
- Width: 19hp
- Depth: 38mm
- Current draw: 70mA @ +12V, 35mA @ -12V
This tutorial covers each of the 3 modes and shows off various patching ideas. Create complex five stage envelopes (with a looping sustain phase), super controlled LFOs and CV sequences with per step glides. Per stage level and time CV inputs plus EOS and EOC trigger and uni/bipolar CV outputs make Quaid easy to deeply integrate within your modular system.