Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Hybrid Polyphonic Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
The Prophet 12 is one of Dave Smith’s crowning achievements. More than just a combination of the Prophet ’08 and Poly Evolver, the Prophet 12 is an expansive, flexible evolution of both with tons of additional features and a total of 12 voices.
Combining the efficiency of a digital front end with an all-analog signal path, each voice features 4 oscillators (for a total of 48 oscillators), a sub-oscillator, resonant analog filters (a low-pass Curtis filter and a high-pass filter), and analog VCAs. Additionally, each voice contains a digital Character section that offers five high-quality effects designed to drastically or subtly manipulate each signal. There are also syncable four-tap delays (per voice), 4 LFOs, and an arpeggiator that can be clocked either internally or externally.
Sonically, the Prophet 12’s oscillators can be cross-modulated with the utmost digital precision, making the synthesizer quite adept at amplitude and frequency modulation. Combined with the control section, this offers a wealth of possibilities for those willing to venture into uncharted sonic expressiveness.
Prophet 12 Features
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- LPF and Auxiliary envelopes can repeat/loop.
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with over 100 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled bubinga wood end panels and trim
- 38.4" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)