North Coast SynthesisMSK 008 Dual VC Octave Switch
North Coast Synthesis MSK 008 Dual VC Octave Switch
North Coast's Dual VC Octave switch is more than meets the eye: though it is great for pitch signal range shifting, it is capable of a variety of voltage processing techniques. Whether using it for complex melody creation or audio mangling, this module will prove an invaluable utility.
Each of the module's channels is capable of "rounding" control voltages to the nearest volt within a range of -2 to +2V; in pitch-related contexts, this means clean octave shifts can be generated from any CV signal. The secondary CV inputs on each channel act as adders that enable further transposition, making it possible to weave multiple signals together into a complex melody generator. Each channel also offers a +1/-1 switch, enabling further octave shifting in either direction.
The module works up to audio rates as well, making it possible to use as an intense waveshaper or signal processor. This begs for all sorts of experimentation: when taken away from the context of pitch generation, it opens up into a bizarre world of signal processing and voltage mangling all its own.
MSK 008 Dual VC Octave Switch Features
- Voltage processor designed for precision octave shifting of 1V/Oct pitch signals
- Octave quantizing of control voltages
- Dedicated range switch for each channel shift output range up to one volt in either direction
- Additional inputs for further transposition and shifting
- Works at audio rates for use as a crude bitcrushing-type effect
- Eurorack module
- Width: 8hp
- Depth: 43mm
- Current draw: 45mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V