KodamoEssence FM Digital Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Kodamo Essence FM
Kodamo's EssenceFM is one of the most powerful and easy-to-use FM synthesizers of all time, using an intuitive touchscreen interface to make FM programming fast and simple. Overcoming the many headaches of 1980s FM synth UI, this makes experimentation with FM faster and simpler than ever before—turning a previously impenetrable technique into something fun and inspiring. Kodamo is a six-operator FM synth with 300-voice polyphony—making it possible to create intense layers and splits for huge, completely new sounds.
Perhaps one of the most interesting aspects of Kodamo's FM design is the fluidity of algorithm design. Gone are the days of fixed FM algorithm routing; with EssenceFM, you can freely design your own FM algorithms by connecting operators together on the touch screen. Similarly, the touchscreen can be used to draw custom waveshapes, to control complex envelope shapes, and much more...making all the traditional pain points of FM synthesis easy to control.
EssenceFM provides many complex options for multitimbral behavior, including the option to split and layer sounds, separately detune timbres, and control via MPE. Layers and splits can be set to multiple polyphonic behaviors, set to specific key ranges, set to respond only to particular velocity ranges, and much more, making for an exceptionally dynamic playing experience.
The integrated modulation matrix makes it easy to use external controllers to control all of the most critical aspects of the sound. Given support for MPE control, this means that you can use your MPE-capable controller (such as the Sensel Morph, Roli Seaboard, Keith McMillen K-Board Pro 4, or Roger Linn Linnstrument) to provide expressive control of this deep FM synthesis engine. It even provides a USB-A MIDI Host port in addition to standard 5-pin DIN connections, making it easy to integrate any style of MIDI controller. Additionally, EssenceFM provides full support for custom tunings, making it easy to experiment with microtonality, early tuning systems, non-equal temperaments, and more.
Add a healthy helping of internal effects, flexible external signal routing, and a slim form factor, and the Kodamo EssenceFM quickly becomes one of the best FM synthesizers ever developed.
Essence FM Features
- 6-operator rack FM synth with extensive sonic customization
- 300 voice polyphony with flexible layering options
- Touchscreen UI for easy and intuitive sonic customization
- Design your own FM algorithms
- Draw your own waveforms or import waveforms from WAV files
- Draw complex envelopes and define complex internal behaviors
- Layering and splits with advanced voice addressing options
- Support for microtuning, including exotic scales, alternate temperaments, and more
- Modulation matrix for designing complex sonic interactions
- Internal effect processing
- Eight assignable audio outputs
- Outputs: 8x 1/4"
- Headphone output: 1x 1/4"
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru via 5-pin DIN, USB device, USB Host, RTP-Ethernet
- Dimensions: 133 x 482.6 x 58mm
- Power: AC in via IEC (100–240V)