Instruoneóni Through-Zero Oscillator
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Instruo's neóni is a classic-style analog oscillator with some unique features that stretch beyond the typical scope, including the fantastic capability for through-zero FM. This outstanding trait is what makes neóni stand out from all the other Instruo oscillators, allowing for a wide array of FM sounds that stay in tune across sequences! Unlike most oscillators which would stall out at 0Hz, through-zero FM instead inverts the polarity of its waveform until it returns to a positive voltage past 0 Hz. Additionally, the FM input functions with both AC & DC coupled signals, making it perfect for both audio and control rate modulation.
neóni provides individual waveform outputs for square, saw, triangle, and sine, plus a Final output based on a nonlinear wavefolder. Some other neat features from neóni include directional hard sync, precision soft sync, and split sawtooth morphing—all enabling the creation of heavily complex waveforms. For creating gnarly tones or intricate LFOs, Instruo's neóni is a great way to incorporate the wonderful world of through-zero FM into your modular system.
- Through-Zero Oscillator
- Linear TZ & traditional FM with AC & DC coupled functionality
- Internal modulation routing
- Square, saw, triangle, sine, and final output
- Split sawtooth morphing
- Soft and directional hard sync
- Coarse and fine tuning, including LFO mode
- Nonlinear wavefolding
- Eurorack module
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: 27mm
- Current draw: 90mA @ +12V, 90mA @ -12V
Unlike traditional FM, where an oscillator momentarily stalls as negative voltage pulls its frequency down to 0 Hz, neóni inverts the polarity
of its waveforms until positive voltage pulls it back through 0 Hz.
This behavior allows for complex waveforms with less non-harmonic sidebands. Less clang, more bang!
Drop it all to subsonic territory for organic modulations of morphable voltage.
• Linear through-zero & traditional FM with AC & DC coupled functionality
• Internal modulation routing and general-purpose CV input with attenuator
• Split sawtooth morphing and nonlinear wavefolding
• Precision soft sync
• Directional hard sync
• Individual waveform outputs
• LFO mode