FMR AudioRNLA Really Nice Leveling Amp
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
FMR Audio RNLA
The FMR Audio RNLA (Really Nice Leveling Amp) is essentially a compressor that is ideal for use with acoustic guitars, bass, electronic drums, dual-mix sources, and vocals. In fact, many users attest that the RNLA’s characteristically thick sound lends a singularity to their mixing/mastering stations that other vintage amps/compressors simply do not possess.
The RNLA offers a subtly more colored sound than its sibling, the RNC. Users looking for a solid compressor with ample colorization should opt for the former, while users looking for a solid transparent compression unit should consider the latter.
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Easy-to-read Panel Graphics
- Inputs and Inserts
- Balanced Outputs
- Precise Gain Reduction Metering
- Full Parametric Control
- Alternative Release Contour
- Hardwired Bypass
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Size: 1/3 x 1 EIA rack unit
- Connectors: Left/Right 1/4" unbalanced inputs (TS, or TRS for console inserts) Left/Right 1/4" balanced, single-ended outputs TRS sidechain
- Controls and Displays: Rotary: Threshold, Ratio, Attack Time, Release Time, Output Level
- Switches: Bypass, Mode Select
- Meter: 8-segment LED Gain Reduction, 0-16 dB
- Normal: Provides fast attack/release
- Log Rel: Provides release envelope acceleration to aid maintenance of transient "punch"
- Operating Level: 0.775 Vrms (0 dBu) nominal for +22 dB headroom 1.228 Vrms (+4 dBu) nominal for +18 dB headroom
- Noise: Less than -90 dBu over 20-20k Hz (Typically -95 dBu over 20-20k Hz)
- Frequency response: 10 - 100k Hz ±0.5dB @ 0 dBu
- Clip point: +22.5dBu @ 3% THD, 1kHz, greater than 2k Ohm load
- Less than 0.1%, no gain reduction @ 1 kHz, 0 dBu
- Less than 0.5%, 6 dB G.R. @ 1 kHz, 6:1, 6.0 msec attack, 0.5 sec. release, 0 dB gain, 0 dBu
- Threshold range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Ratio range: 1:1 to 25:1
- Attack range: 0.2 msec to 200msec for 100% correction with <15dB over threshold input signal
- Release range: 05 sec to 5.0 sec for 100% recovery with 15dB G.R.
- Output trim range: ±15dB
- AC Power: Wall transformer, 9VAC @ 500mA, 2.1mm jack
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 5.5" x 1.6"