ALM Busy CircuitsMCO Morphing Wavetable Oscillator
ALM Busy Circuits MCO
The ALM Busy Circuits MCO is a digital wavetable oscillator which pays tribute to the nasty digital and hybrid synth tones of the early 90s, when the Ensoniq Fizmo and Roland Alpha Juno series took synth-based music into the future. It specializes in gritty, aliasing oscillations which can easily be warped and manipulated thanks to an intuitive layout. The waveforms of the MCO are full of tasty harmonics which are equally effective as an FM source, with a conventional Moog ladder filter, or with something wilder such as ALM's own Mum M8.
Despite its innocent design and ultra-simple user interface, the MCO boasts a few pleasant surprises, such as a Main output which responds to PWM and Type control in some modes, allowing for control that goes deeper than simply scanning through wavetables, along with dedicated Sub and Pulse outputs for added bass, syncability, and tonal variety. For Eurorack users seeking to push beyond basic analog waveforms, the MCO's massive sound and entirely reasonable price are sure to turn some heads.
- Compact morphing digital oscillator
- V/oct input with Coarse and Fine Tune control
- PWM and Wave controls with CV input
- PWM type input
- Available wavetables: Noise, Triangle, Saw, Sine, Bell, Organ, "4 Oct," Organ 2, Voice, Pulse
- Sub, Pulse, and Main waveform outputs
- Audible aliasing in upper registers
- Eurorack module
- Width: 6hp
- Depth: 38mm
- Current draw: 40mA @ +12V, 15mA @ -12V