AkaiMPC Key 61 Standalone Production Keyboard
- No Hassle
Akai MPC Key 61
Long known for a legacy of sampling hardware for music production, Akai offers the biggest shakeup to the MPC family yet with MPC Key 61, a standalone synthesizer, sampler, and production instrument that is totally operational without a computer. Powered by a quad-core ARM processor and 4GB RAM that's fully dedicated to music creation, the MPC Key 61 ships with 25 instrument plugins and over 6000 presets to jumpstart your tracks. Instrument engines range from samplers to FM synthesis and beyond, while over 100 different effects provide delays, reverb, lo-fi effects, and a whole lot more.
Notably, the MPC Key 61 sports a full-sized, 61-note semi-weighted keybed that makes it easier than ever to capture chords and melodic performances, like leads and basses. But fret not, the classic MPC pads with RGB-LED lighting remain for programming beats or transmitting control messages, along with an assignable touch strip controller, macro knobs, and immediatley accessible buttons for transport navigation and recalling configurations. But not only is it a very capable instrument within its own world, the MPC Key 61 sports an incredible assortment of controls, inputs and outputs to bridge the gaps between all of your gear. Two audio inputs supporting microphones, instruments, and line-level sources mean you record directly into the MPC Key 61, while the USB device ports support extensions with external audio interfaces. There's also 5-pin MIDI in, out, and thru, plus eighth configurable CV/Gate outputs to tie in your modular system.
Bringing the MPC workflow to the future, Akai's MPC Key 61 is a gamechanging entry in the world of standalone music production tools.
MPC Key 61 Features
- Legendary MPC workflow, now with a keyboard!
- Fully standalone music production centerpiece—no computer required
- 61-note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Quad-core ARM processor + 4GB RAM
- 7" full-color touch screen
- 25 plugin instruments, 6000+ presets, 100+ effects
- 16 RGB pads
- Touch strip controller
- 2 audio inputs for capturing instrument, line, and microphone sources
- Expandable with class-compliant audio interfaces, MIDI controllers, and external storage with USB ports
- 8 CV/Gate outputs for controlling modular gear
- Dimensions: TBD