AkaiAPC40 MK2 Ableton Performance Controller
- No Hassle
Akai APC40 MK2
The APC40 mk2 is a powerful controller designed exclusively for Ableton Live. When creating the device, Akai implemented over five years of user feedback to compound the unit’s functionality, potential, and overall workflow. Cosmetically, the unit boasts a 5x8 RGB LED matrix for engaging Ableton’s Clip Launch mode, an A/B crossfader that is assignable to any parameter, 8 channel faders, 8 rotary knobs, and a send button.
The APC40 comes bundled with a host of samples, instruments, and loops that provoke immediate creation. For example, the bundle includes SONiVOX Twist, Hybrid 3, and Prime Loops sample packs, all of which open the door to a wealth of sonic possibilities.
The APC40 mkII is USB-powered and supports plug-and-play.
APC40 MK2 Features
- Provides hands-on control of Ableton Live with visual feedback
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- 5x8 clip-launch matrix with RGB feedback for clip status, color coding, and more
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls map to Ableton directly
- Send button cycles through all 8 send busses for advanced routing options
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for maximum portability
- A/B crossfader can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
- Revised knob layout with in-line controls for smarter workflow
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, Prime Loops & Toolroom Records launch packs (downloads)
Learning Synthesis: ControllersTranslating Ideas and Gestures to Sound
Akai APC40 MK2 Ableton Performance Controller Reviews