After Later AudioDice Random Sampler
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
After Later Audio Dice
After Later Audio's Dice is an authentic full-size recreation of Mutable Instruments Marbles, a random voltage and gate source with various levels of control and looping options. Part of their Mutable Instruments Classic series, Dice is not a smaller version and has not changed layout—it remains true to the original size and parameter configuration.
You get two sides of randomness that are linked: one size for gates, the t side, and another side for control voltage, the X side. Each side has three outputs with and shares common traits: t1, t2, and t3 are the gates and corresponding CV outputs are one X1, X2, and X3. A separate Y output is a source of additional random voltage that is related to the X2 timing and is also influenced by all other parameters.
This is a deeply complex module with the t side featuring an internal clock Rate control, along with a Bias that privileges either the t1 or t3 output depending on the setting and a Jitter that fluctuates the clock. All of this influences the X side, affecting the rate at which random voltages are generated, which are augmented by the Spread, Bias and Steps, which adjusts the voltage range, which end of the voltage range sectrum gets triggered more frequently, and the smoothness or note quantization, respectively.
In addition to all of this, a DeJa Vu section lets you lock either side and fine tune the probability that the Dice will query new data or not. Truly both the original Marbles and After Later Audio's Dice module can be the centerpiece to any modular system, driving the melody and rhythmic choices.
- Mutable Instruments Classics series faithful replica of Marbles module
- Random voltage and gate powerhouse
- Analog random source
- All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 3.2kHz
- Maximum input clock rate: 1kHz for the t Section, 8kHz for the X section 32kHz refresh rate
- 14-bit DAC with accurate software calibration - error below 1mV
- 12-bit CV capture
- Output levels: -5V to +5V for CVs (largest setting), 0V to +8V for gates
- Input CV range: -5V to +5V
- Eurorack module
- Width: 18hp
- Depth: 25mm
- Current draw: 80mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V