ZoomH8 Multi-Track Recorder
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
The Zoom H8 is a multitrack recorder that fits into a variety of applications from sound design to recording music to podcasting, with individual apps for each use scenario. The three applications each have a different UI that tailors the functionality of the H8 to that need. The music app brings the faders, audio levels, and metering to the front with the ability to mix and overdub on the fly, while the podcasting app is optimized for recording and producing podcasts. It comes with sound pads, which can be used to trigger sound effects while recording. These can be the 13 preloaded sounds, or you can add your own with the SD card. The field app was designed for on-location sound recording including foley, conferences, and field recordings. The integrated compressor, limiter, and noise gate make sure your recordings don't clip, even with particularly loud sounds.
The H8 comes with a Zoom XYH-8 capsule that features two matched unidirectional microphones, but you can swap out different capsules, depending on your needs. These include the XAH-8 stereo microphone with either narrow XY or wide ranging AB pattern and the VRH-8 Ambisonic mic capsule with four condenser microphones. Beyond using the capsules, there are four XLR and two XLR/TRS combination jacks, each with their own gain control and -20dB pad. In addition, Zoom's EXH-8 capsule adds an additional four XLR inputs, particularly useful when recording a whole band with the music app. Remotely control any of the apps using the BTA-1 remote control which brings useful functionality to your iOS device.
The H8 is not just a standalone recorder, but can also function as a USB audio interface with up to 12 channels of recording. With 15 hours of record time via four AA batteries, the H8 keeps going even with lengthy recording sessions. Record both MP3 and WAV files up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution to SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards, up to 512GB. Included with the H8 is Cubase LE and Steinberg's WaveLab Cast software, useful for editing and mastering your recordings. This multi-function recorder is an all-in-one solution for your recording needs, tailoring the interface to a particular setting and not sacrificing on quality.
- Multi-track recorder with app-based interface
- Music app provides up to 12 tracks of recording with easy access to levels and faders
- Podcasting app features sound pads for triggering audio clips
- Field app is tailored to field recording or foley and features easy access to limiter/compression
- Four XLR and two combination XLR/TRS inputs
- Gain, -20dB pad, and phantom power per input
- Record up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Comes with XYH-8 capsule which can be swapped out for other Zoom capsules
- Can function as a USB interface
- 15 hours of recording with four AA batteries
- Records to SD, SDHC, or SDXC, up to 512GB
- Stereo line/headphone output which can also interface directly with your camera
- Inputs:Four XLR, two XLR/TRS, interchangeable mic capsule
- Output:Combined 3.5mm headphone/line output
- Resolution: up to 96kHz/24-bit
- Power: Four AA batteries, Zoom AD-17 AC adapter (not included), USB bus power(not included)
- DImensions: 116.4 x 163.3 x 48.6mm/4.5 x 6.4 x 1.9"