YamahaMODX8+ 88-Key Workstation Keyboard Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Yamaha's MODX series is a portable workstation that features their proprietary AWM2 sample-based and FM-X synthesizer sound engines. Only found in Yamaha's devices, Advanced Wave Memory 2 is a sample synth with 16 layers, eight of which are full synth voices with filters, LFOs, envelopes, EQs, and dual effect inserts. Alongside the AWM2 is the pure synthesizer engine, FM-X, that is capable of creating classic synth sounds as well as modern tones with 128 note polyphony and an 8 operator FM structure. With AWM's 128 note polyphony, you can get an over-the-top 256 note polyphony total, more than enough to create the most luscious sound world you could imagine.
Designed for live performance and seamless motion, the MODX8+ features Seamless Sound Switching technology that will load your next performance patch without cutting off anything from your current one. A Super Knob is available and is the main glowing control. Using this, you can have simultaneous control of up to 128 freely assignable parameters. Motion Sequences are another great feature which can be assigned to almost any synth parameter and offer you tempo-synced modulation for new ways of creating sound. You can also have the MODX8+ function as a multi-channel audio interface with 4 ins and 10 outs over USB, and with two A/D inputs you can plug in live instruments.
Whether you are using the incredible DSP-powered effects to process your elaborate patch or external instruments, arranging the perfect set for a production, or just as a powerhouse companion for your studio setup, the MODX8+ from Yamaha is what you're looking for.
- AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine
- FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer
- 256 Note polyphony: 128 from AWM2 and 128 from FM-X
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) for changing performances without cutting off envelopes or effects
- 2 A/D Inputs
- USB Interface mode
- Motion Sequences, tempo-based parameter modulations
- Envelope follower
- Audio beat sync
- Cubase AI bundle
- 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory
- 18 Different filter types
- 76 Different effects
- 12 Reverb types
- 7" Touch screen
- 16 Part multi-tibrality
- 88 Key graded hammer keybed
- Weight: 13.8 kg (30 lbs 7 oz)
- Dimensions: 1.3m (52-1/2") x 160mm (6-1/16") x 404mm (15-7/8")
- USB: 1x USB Device, 1x USB Host
- MIDI In and Out
- 2x Foot control
- 1x Foot switch (sustain or assignable)
- Outputs: 2x 1.4" L/R
- Headphones: 1x TRS 1/4"
- Inputs: 2x 1/4" L/R