Warm AudioWA-87 R2 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Low Prices
Warm Audio WA-87 R2
The Warm Audio WA-87 changed the industry's perception of what a microphone could achieve at an affordable price, offering a sought-after '60s circuit widely considered to be one of the greatest studio microphones ever designed—and now it's even better. Warm Audio has revisited that design and incorporated all of the knowledge they've gained about microphone technology to improve the WA-87 in tangible ways without increasing the price or sacrificing an ounce of quality...and they've given us the choice of either a classic silver or a sleek new black casing too! The end result is the WA-87 R2, a large diaphragm condenser microphone with authentic vintage warmth and a smooth, detailed top end that calls back to the golden age of recording.
Painstakingly engineered to meet the exact specifications of the classic mics, the WA-87 R2 houses a custom-wound Cinemag USA output transformer, and top-quality components like a NOS Fairchild transistor, high-bandwidth polystyrene and film capacitors from Wima and Nichicon. Warm is incredibly proud of their work, having proclaimed the WA-87 R2 is "simply bigger, bolder, and just plain better!" Three polar patterns and an 80Hz high-pass filter insure that you're ready for almost any scenario, and the switchable 10dB pad comes in handy for extremely loud environments. The WA-87 R2 lives up to its legacy, delivering optimum performance and a vintage vibe. Find out what all the hype is about today!
WA-87 R2 Features
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone based on vintage 87-style circuit
- Faithfully reproduced WA-87-b-50V custom capsule
- Custom made and new-old-stock components
- Three polar patterns
- Included storage case, hard mount, and shock mount
- Nickel-plated brass body for classic feel
- Microphone type: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, Figure-eight, Omnidirectional
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Output impedance: 200 ohms