Thermionic CultureUltra Vulture Stereo Valve Enhancer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Thermionic Culture Ultra Vulture
Thermionic Culture's Ultra Vulture is a stereo valve enhancer that has improved upon several features of its predecessors to be perfect for use mastering. Improving upon the fantastic sound of the Culture Vulture with lower noise, wider frequency response, and additional features taken from the Super 15 edition, the Ultra Vulture fits the same form with newly indented controls on the panel for easier and faster recall. Apply anywhere from a smooth to rich amount of tube harmonic distortion via the drive parameter, and the inclusion of the +10dB and O/Drive provides higher gain for pushing more saturation. The tube setup and flavoring of harmonic distortion is selected via the function control, offering the classic triode and pentode options with an addition of P3 taken from the Super 15. For thinning or fattening your sound, Ultra Vulture's bias control controls the positive voltage in the cathode for starving or overfeeding it.
Whether using for mastering or even tracking in a recording studio, Ultra Vulture works in a number of settings thanks to it's plentiful I/O including both line-level and direct inputs as well as a massive line-level output pushing up to +24dBm and a lower balanced output for easier digital conversion. Output levels can be controlled via the 15-switch control alongside a -10dB pad for extra coverage on the output depending. Additional low-pass filtering offers smooth roll off on the high end for a more even and balanced sound. With larger headroom, frequency response, and easier recall, the Ultra Vulture is the best choice for mastering engineers or those looking for a slightly more polished sonic profile to your sound.
Ultra Vulture Features
- Stereo valve enhancer rack gear
- Stereo operation and indented controls (besides bias) for fast recall
- Four valve functions for different flavors of harmonic distortion (Triode (T), Pentode (P, P2, P3)
- 15 positions of drive with either +10dB increase or +30dB increase (overdrive)
- Presence switch in +10dB mode increases mid and high frequencies by +4dB
- Bias controls current flow via change in the cathode's positive voltage
- Output level control with an engageable -10dB pad
- Low pass filter switch for cutting frequencies above 5kHz by 6dB
- Solidly lit mA meters
- Analog inputs: 2x XLR, 2x TS 1/4"
- Analog outputs: 2x XLR, 2x TRS 1/4"
- Maximum output level: up to +24dBm
- Noise levels: down to -90dB below MOL
- Weight: 6 kg
- Power consumption: 20W