Thermionic CulturePhoenix HG-15 Mic Pre / Compressor
Thermionic Culture Phoenix HG-15
Thermionic Culture presents the HG-15, the single channel version of the Phoenix Stereo Compressor. It features the same variable mu compression curve, except this one fulfils limiter duties at higher compression levels.
The HG-15’s gain has been specifically designed to interface well with valve and FET condenser types, although it will also work spectacularly with moving coil styles (like those from Audio Technica, Shute, and more).
Phoenix HG-15 Features
- High Gain Mic Amp/Compressor/EQ with super-natural valve sound
- Based on Phoenix design with 52 dB gain available
- Fully Balanced circuit with XLR in/out connectors
- +48v Phantom power available
- Threshold control has 7 way switch with Compressor Out position
- Time Constant switch has 6 combinations of Attack & Release
- Side Chain Bass Cut
- Presence and Air switches to boost mid and high top with In/Out switch
- Bass Cut to roll off low bass
- 2 valves, 6AQ8EH input and 12AT7/ECC81 output
- Solid State side chain!
- Link socket to connect 2 HGs for stereo buss operation, etc.
- Made in England
- Input impedance MIC: 1kΩ; PAD: 2KΩ; LINE: 10kΩ
- Output Impedance: 600Ω
- Max gain MIC: 52 dB; PAD: 38 dB; LINE: 25 dB
- THD (30kHz filter) 1kHz: 0.12%; 100Hz: 0.22%
- N.B. Distortion may increase with compression, especially with faster settings and 12 dB + compression.
- Frequency response +0/-1dB 16 Hz to 50 kHz
- Max O/P level (MOL): + 25.5 dBu, 10kΩ load
- Signal to Noise: 96 dB
- Power Consumption: 19W
- Indicator Lamp: 12V / 3W
- Net Weight: 4kg