Teenage EngineeringOP-1 Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Teenage Engineering OP-1 Synthesizer
Teenage Engineering’s OP-1 Synthesizer is a supremely compact but efficient synthesizer, controller, and sampler with an assignable motion controlled G-Force Sensor. The unit features an integrated tape feature that allows for the recording of audio signals across four separate tracks, with optional overdubbing and reverse capabilities.
The unit features eight different synthesis engines, effects, and sequencers that can lead to many esoteric and interesting sounds. The OP-1 is MIDI compatible and can be used as a MIDI controller governing other synthesizers, or the user’s DAW. There’s also an onboard mixer with optional EQ and drive controls, and a tape record feature that lets users change the tape speed in real time for a plethora of useful time mangling effects.
The OP-1’s interface features an OLED display and has been color-coded to ensure supreme tactility. Consequently, the OP-1 is delightfully easy (even fun?) to use, bringing some authentic teen spirit into the often intense world of sound sculpting.
The unit’s portability is accented by its ability to be powered by an external adapter or batteries, allowing users to transport it pretty much anywhere.
OP-1 Synthesizer Features
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with Exchangeable Architecture
- Built-in 24 Voice Instant Live Sampler
- 4 track Tape Recorder with Variable Tape Speed
- 6 Minutes Recording Time. (Up to 24 Minutes)
- 4 track Mixer with EQ, Effect, Drive and Master Out
- Multiple Exchangeable Effects
- Multiple Exchangeable Sequencers
- USB MIDI Controller – MAC & PC Compatible
- 2-Way USB File Transfer – MAC & PC Compatible
- Color Coded Vector Based User Interface
- Instant Reverse and variable Tape Speed Recording
- Full Classic Tape Editing Capabilities
- Master Tempo with Beat Matching to Tape Feature
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with exchangable Architecture.
- 8 dedicated instant sound select keys
- Dr Wave – Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM – Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse – Square wave type engine
- String – Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital – Raw digital type of engine
- Phase – Phase distortion engine
- Cluster – Multiple Wave Cluster
- Feature additions of Engines will be available with software upgrades
- Sample Engines
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot. With automated layout feature.
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds.
- Future additions of Envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Multiple Effects with exchangable Architecture.
- Delay – Classic delay type
- Phone – Hacked phone effect
- Punch – Adds punch to your sound
- Grid – Grid based echo
- Spring – Spring reverb type
- Future additions of Effects will be available with software upgrades
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 6 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed.
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse.
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing Effects / EQ / Pan or Levels / Tape Speed
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design.
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch.
- Built-in FM radio
- Sample direct from any radiostation
- Record direct to tape
- 400 MHz Processor Core (800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB Low-Power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- Li-Ion 1800 mAh
- 16 hours active Battery Life
- 2 Years stand-by time
- Charge via USB port
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- Built-in microphone
- High output mini speaker 8 Ohm 1 Watt
- 3-axis accelerometer (G-force) sensor
- Worldwide FM band support (64-108 MHz)
- Amoled display running in 60 fps
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- Color Depth: 16.7 M
- Contrast: 10000:1 (good for outdoor use!)
- Viewing Angle: 170°
- Life Time: 30,000 hrs
- Low profile keyboard module
- Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- Expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
- Industrial Grade Incremental Encoders
- Rotational life: Up to 1,000,000 revolutions
- Excellent indexing feel (remains consistent over life)
- Zinc diecast and fiber enforced high performance plastic
- Used in Avionics Operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C2.8
- Advanced CNC:d one-piece Aluminum design.
- 2 X M6 Mounting holes for accessories.
- 2 X Cuts for strap accessory.
- Light grey powder coated body and EDM textured keyboard
- L 282 mm, H 102 mm, D 13.5 mm
- The OP-1 comes shipped in a reusable environmental friendly package made out of Paperfoam material.
The contest is open to enter until the end of October 2019 and is open to US residents.