StrymonSunset Dual Overdrive
The Sunset Dual Overdrive, from Strymon, is an overdrive that was painstakingly constructed after analyzing the best of the best when it comes to classic over drive circuits. Strymon spent the time to study six various circuit types used in the classics of overdrive and boost pedals, and siphoned that down to a single, albeit dual, versitile pedal.
The structure of Sunset is essentially two customizable overdrive pedals, with independently selectable settings, and flexible routing. When stacked, they are designed to complement each other. Both sections of the pedal have all 6 circuits available for huge variety of stacking options.
- Six drive circuit topologies with custom tuned voicing for each drive type
- Precision crafted drive circuits stackable in multiple combinations for a wide variety of complex, responsive tones.
- Analog class A JFET input gain stage maximizes headroom while adding up to 20dB of pure analog gain
- Drive and Tone control ranges optimized for each circuit topology
- Series, reverse series, and parallel drive circuit stacking via Config switch
- Bright switch to tailor the sound for use with all amplifiers from dark to bright
- Optional variable-threshold noise reduction for taming noisy guitar pickups
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized red aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 250mA of current
- Dimensions: 4.5″ deep x 4″ wide x 1.75″ tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)