SoundmachinesSD1 Simple Drum
Soundmachines SD1 Simple Drum
For those needing a powerful drum module in a compact space, the Soundmachines SD1 could be the Holy Grail. The module contains six channels of PCM drum sounds, each organized into different categories. For example, channel 1 features 11 bass drum samples, while the second channel features 9 closed hi-hats. Each channel has a dedicated trigger input as well as variable and accent levels.
But the fun doesn’t stop there. Channels 5 and 6 can be configured to function as a monophonic synthesizer voice, complete with several quantization modes! There’s also a global reverb send control for subtly gluing the sounds together, or drenching them in outer space.
- Six channel PCM-based drum and synth module
- Trigger input for each channel
- Gate input for accent, each channel has individually assignable accent level
- Level control per channel
- Controllable global reverb built in
- Advanced modes include humanize functions, CV over reverb amount, and instrument scanning
- Special advanced mode turns channels 5 and 6 into CV and gate inputs for built-in synth sounds (with several pitch quantization options)
- Panel width: 6hp
- Current draw: 150mA @ +12V / <5mA @ -12V
- Trigger/CV input level: 0-5V for optimal performance