ShureSM81 Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
An industry standard for miking acoustic guitar or other instruments, the SM81 small diaphragm condenser microphone excels with a wide range of sound sources. The flat and smooth frequency response is low-noise and high output, perfectly capturing anything you use it with. The frequency response is wide ranging, from 20Hz–20kHz, great for a wide range of use applications.
The SM81's cardioid polar pattern allows for high gain before it begins to feed back, as well as blocking sounds coming from the sides and rear, isolating what you're directly pointing it at. A useful three-position switch adjusts the low frequency response of the microphone, with selections for flat, 6dB, or 18dB/oct roll off response. In addition, a -10dB pad is also available, great when using with particularly loud sounds. The durable construction features a vinyl-coated steel housing that can stand up to wear and tear. No need to worry about radio interference, the SM81 does a great job blocking out otherwise unwanted sounds.
Great for picking up vocals or instruments, this versatile microphone is a great addition to your studio, broadcast station, or live sound setting.
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic with a remarkably flat frequency response
- Microphone of choice for acoustic guitar recording
- Perfect choice for drum overheads or other instruments
- Cardioid pattern provides excellent isolation and minimal coloration
- Integrated bass roll-off at 0dB, 6dB, or 18dB per octave
- Lockable -10dB pad
- Includes windscreen, swivel adapter, and carrying case
- Microphone type: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Max SPL: 136dB
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms