ShureBeta 52A Kick Drum Microphone
- Low Prices
Shure Beta 52A
If you want a bass microphone, look no further than the Beta 52A from Shure, designed with kick drums and low frequency content in mind. It captures all the nuances of low frequency content, without getting muddied. The supercardioid polar pattern lends itself to an increased proximity effect, emphasizing the low end as the microphone is placed closer to the audio source, leading to a more pronounced low end. In addition, the supercardioid polar pattern blocks unwanted interference coming from off-axis sources.
The Beta52A is well-suited for loud sounds, handling an incredible 174dB of SPL. The frequency response covers 20Hz–10kHz with a boost at 4kHz which helps bring out the transients in your sound such as a kick drum beater striking the head of the drum. Not only does it perform well, it stands up to the wear and tear of the road, performing equally well night after night.
Beta 52A Features
- Industry-standard kick drum microphone
- Perfect for kick, bass cabs, and more
- Up to 174dB SPL—great for even the loudest sounds
- Supercardioid pickup pattern means excellent isolation from nearby sound sources
- Natural presence boost for keeping the "click" in your kick
- Strong proximity effect allows easy access to a wide range of sounds
- Microphone type: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz–10kHz
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms