SequentialTake 5 Polyphonic Analog Keyboard Synthesizer
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Sequential Take 5
Take 5 from Sequential is a five-voice analog poly synth designed to be compact, feature-rich, and affordable. Borrowing from the feature set of the Prophet-5, Take 5 is a perfect way to get classic Sequential sounds in your studio—and or course, its compact size makes it a perfect choice for touring musicians as well. Whether you're finally coming around to the lush world of analog synthesis or just looking for another instrument that won't take up too much room, the Take 5 has you covered. Each voice has two VCOs which provide classic waveforms: sine, saw, and pulse with waveshaping. There's also a simple, analog FM control that allows you to get those crisp bell tones and rich timbres. Each voice also features a sub oscillator, for beefing up the pads and rumbling the subs.
Drawing from Prophet-5-lineage, the Take 5 uses the P5 Rev 4's four-pole resonant analog filter, a Drive control, an Overdrive knob, and a Vintage knob (for classic drift and instability) to deliver dirty, idiosyncratic sounds. You can even add a more modern spin with the on-board dual digital effects for a perfect balance of warmth and clarity.
To complete this compact unit of a synth, we have plenty of modulation from a global LFO and one-per-voice LFO, DADSR envelopes. Pitch sequencing is also easy to accomplish with a 64-step polyphonic sequencer and multimode arpeggiator. With no sacrifice in quality or features, from its premium Fatar keybed, to its clever key-split feature (allowing players to divide the keyboard two separate performance zones), the Take 5 is the perfect addition to your studio or stage setup.
As of the V2.0 firmware update, the digital aspects of the Take 5 see even further enhancement. Presets have been doubled, for a total of 256 factory programs and 256 user memory slots. Other features include Envelope Repeat and LFO Slew, plus a new Lo-Fi audio effect for crispy grit and fizz. Add in the general bug fixes and improvements, and the Take 5 continues to be a killer synthesizer at a stellar price point.
Take 5 Features
- 5-Voice Analog Poly Synth
- 2x VCOs and sub oscillator per voice
- Continuously variable waveshape for each oscillator: sine, saw, variable pulse
- Oscillator one syncs to osc 2
- Dedicated front-panel FM control
- Switchable key tracking per oscillator
- White noise generator accessible in pre-filter mixer
- Classic 4-pole analog resonant filter borrowed from the Prophet 5 Rev 4
- Filter can self-oscillate
- 2x LFOs with triangle, saw, reverse saw, square, and stepped random shapes: 1 global & 1 per-voice, each freely assignable
- 2x freely assignable DADSR envelopes with optional velocity modulation
- Vintage knob introduces vintage-style micro-inconsistencies between oscillators, filters, and envelopes for each voice
- 64-step polyphonic sequencer with ties and rests
- Multimode arpeggiator
- Overdrive control
- Two digital effect generators: one dedicated reverb and one multi-effect
- Multi-effect generator offers stereo delay, BBD delay, tape delay, chorus, phaser, ring mod, and more
- 3.5-octave (44-key) Fatar keybed with velocity and monophonic aftertouch
- MIDI In, Out, and Thru via DIN
- MIDI via USB
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru & USB
- Footswitch: 1 x 1/4" input
- Sustain: 1 x 1/4" input
- Dimensions: 25 x 12.75 x 4.4"
- Weight: 17lbs
- Power: IEC power inlet for internal power supply
Nick shows off some stunning sound design from his own personal patch library, built exclusively for the Take 5, showcasing the extremely versatile functionality of this synthesizer.
Nick Semrad is a musician, programmer, and all-around cool cat, who has supported and toured with some of the biggest names in the industry, in addition to designing some of the coolest patches for our favorite synthesizers.