Rupert Neve DesignsPortico II Master Buss Processor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Rupert Neve Designs Portico II Master Bus Processor
The Portico II Master Buss Processor, or MBP, from Rupert Neve Designs is a dual-channel master buss processor with compression, limiting, and stereo field editing that has graced countless records. It is incredibly smooth and transparent, providing dynamic control and limiting with variable coloring of your sound.
Select between feedforward for modern transparent sound, or feedback for vintage warmth. Add up to +20dB of clean gain to your input signals and set threshold level between -30dB to +20dB. This determines the level that the compressor starts to act on the input signal, while the ratio sets the amount of attenuation. The speed of the compression response is determined by the attack and release controls. Select between RMS average or peak mode which shortens the attack time down as low as .1ms. Sidechain inserts are present on both compressors, which can be used to duck the compression, and also feature a fixed high pass filter at 125Hz.
Rupert Neve's acclaimed Silk circuit is an integral part of the design, which adds texture and character to the compressor to contrast with the otherwise transparent sound of the limiter. The limiter is a simple brick wall limiter with a single knob design, but is incredibly responsive and musical.
Although it can operate in dual mono mode, the Portico II MBP offers a deep stereo field editor. Manipulate the width, depth, and ambience of the stereo field with mid/side control. Expand or contract the stereo field and adjust the spatial positioning within that field unlocking deep control over your stereo imaging. Using the EQs in conjunction with the depth or width control gives control over that specific frequency band, boosting it or cutting it from the stereo mix. Get deep control over the dynamics, harmonic content, and stereo imaging for your sounds with this impressive master bus processor.
Portico II Master Bus Processor Features
- Dual master bus processor
- Dynamic compressor that controls dynamics
- Single knob brickwall limiter
- Stereo field editor for placing sounds in the stereo image
- Set threshold from -30dB to +20dB
- Attack time from 1ms to 75 ms
- Release time 100ms to 2.5 seconds
- Sidechain insert with high pass filter
- Blend knob
- Silk circuit adds harmonic interest with two modes
- RMS or peak modes
- Up to +20dB of gain
- LED metering
- EQ for stereo field editor
- Linked stereo operation
- Number of Channels: 2
- Controls: Gain, Limiter, Texture, FF/FB, Peak/RMS Compression Selection, SC HPF, Ratio, Threshold, Attack Time, Release/Recovery Time, Dep
- Threshold: -30dBu to +20dBU
- Ratio: 1:1 to 40:1
- Frequency Response: 4Hz-120kHz (-3dB)
- Side Chain Insterts: Yes (x2)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR
- Outputs: 2 x XLR
- Sidechain I/O: 2 x TRS out, 2 x TRS in
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5
- Depth: 12"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: Shipping Weight: 20 lbs