Rupert Neve Designs543 500 Series Mono Compressor
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Rupert Neve Designs Portico 543
The 543 Mono Compressor, by Rupert Neve Designs, injects the inherently musical dynamic controls and brick wall limiting process that made its big brother famous into the more compact 500-series format. The module boasts a dynamic compressor/limiter with feed-forward and feed-back modes, Peak/RMS detection mode, and dedicated sidechain high-pass filter.
In addition to being constructed around Rupert Neve’s original transformer design, the 543 boasts independently-controllable attack, release, threshold, ratio, sidechain, and gain parameters, as well as feed-forward/back and peak/RMS detection modes. The compressor can also be deactivated, enabling the module to be used as a powerful line amplifier. Additionally, two 543s can be linked together to achieve stereo operation.
The 543 features a unique feature that is also found in the Portico II Channel: Peak/RMS detection modes. Each mode is accessible via switch that forces the VCA to respond to RMS and Peak levels, making the most of the best of both worlds.
Portico 543 Features
- Fully controllable compressor-limiter with feed-forward / feedback modes, Peak / RMS detection and a built in side chain high pass filter.
- Sidechain high-pass filter at 250Hz to the VCA sidechain signal - lets bass through without dragging down mix
- 8-segment LED meter for monitoring output level
- 8-segment LED meter for monitoring gain reduction
- FF/FB button changes the detection from feed-forward to feedback
- RMS/Peak button changes the VCA detection from RMS (average) to a Peak-RMS hybrid
- Link switch engages link bus for stereo operation of two Portico 543s
- Gain range: Continuously variable from 6dB to +20dB
- Threshold range: Continuously variable from 36dB to +22dB
- Ratio range: Continuously variable from 1.1:1 to Limit (40:1)
- Attack range: Continuously variable from 20mS to 75mS
- Release range: Continuously variable from 100mS to 2.5 Seconds
- FF/FB: Feed-Forward or Feedback VCA control
- Maximum output level (balanced and floating transformer output maximum output from 20Hz to 40kHz) +23 dbu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise: - @ 1kHz, +20 dBu output level, no load; - Main Output, compressor bypassed: Better than 0.0006%; - Main Output, compressor engaged: Better than 0.02%
- Noise (measured at main output, un-weighted, 22Hz-22kHz, terminated 40 Ohm): With gain at unity, compressor disengaged: better than 103dBu; with Gain at Unity,
- Compressor engaged: better than 92dBu
- Frequency Response: Main output, unity gain @ 150 kHz -3dB
- Crosstalk (measured channel to channel): Better than 90dB @ 15kHz
- METERS: Monitor INPUT LEVEL and GAIN REDUCTION