Red PandaParticle 2 Granular Delay Pedal
- No Hassle
Red Panda Particle 2 Granular Delay Pedal
Particle 2 from Red Panda is a long-awaited completely redesigned return of the original granular synthesis pedal. The new version boasts tons of improvements over its predecessor with more potential for glitchy, textural, time-warping, and shimmery sonic madness. The pedal offers significantly more features in a reduced size. The maximum delay time was extended from 900ms to an ample 2500ms. Internal memory for bypass state and active preset are implemented to save time and stress in a pre-performance setting. Tap tempo lets the user set the adjustments for delay time, grain density, LFO with independent note divisions. Any combination of parameters can be assigned and controlled via the external footswitch. The back of the enclosure also features a USB port for communication with MIDI devices. Particle 2 has a total of 8 modes, which can also be combined for more complex granular processing. Finally, the pedal has a fully stereo I/O via the TRS jacks.
Particle 2 Features
- 3 pitch modes: detune, density, LFO
- 5 delay modes: random, density, LFO, random pitch, reverse
- Adjustable grain size and density (inter-onset interval)
- Pitch shift +/- 1 octave
- Delay 0-2.5 seconds
- Feedback with adjustable lowpass filter
- Auto-freeze/stutter with adjustable threshold
- Tap tempo/momentary freeze footswitch
- Independent tap divisions for different parameters
- Soft touch bypass (momentary or latching), user replaceable
- Stereo input/output (TRS)
- Assignable expression pedal or remote footswitch port
- Additional parameters via USB MIDI
- Presets (4 on front, 127 via MIDI)
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 4.75 x 2.5"
- Power Specs: 9VDC Center Negative Pedal PSU (not included)
Jaws of Love is the Solo Project of Kelcey Ayer of Local Natives,
Joining Jaws of Love is vocalist & performer Omatola, (@omatola) as well as Mark Neito (@combatmusic)
Join us for a walkthrough of some routing, unique signal manipulation, as well as weird and whacky tones!
Before we shipped it off to her though, we had to give it a rip with the UDO Super 6 !
This time he'll be taking a look at the Boss SL-2 Slicer, and how he puts effects pedals that do whacky things into the context of a song or jam.
Grab a snack and kick back !