Radial EngineeringStageBug SB-2 Passive DI Direct Box
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
Radial StageBug SB-2
The Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive is a high-performance direct box made for players who are on the move! Made to fit inside of a guitar case, the SB-2 is ultra compact yet is feature-packed to ensure great performance on any stage.
The compact design begins with a 1/4" input and thru-put to feed the on-stage amp. This connects to the custom made Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer which performs the impedance matching and balances the signal. When using extra high output instruments, a -15dB pad can be inserted into the signal path. This enables the SB-2 to be used with active basses and digital pianos that often tend to overload the input side of the interface. An innovative stereo-to-mono merge function provides a convenient way to connect stereo keyboards and computers without having to reset the source for mono operation, saving time and input channels on the PA. The SB-2 output features an XLR wired to the AES standard with pin-2 hot.
Once connected, the SB-2 delivers a smooth warm sound reminiscent of older vintage gear. The Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
These features make the StageBug SB-2 a great choice for electric bass, acoustic guitar and keyboards where small size and big performance matters!
StageBug SB-2 Features
- Passive DI for bass, acoustic and keyboard
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- Transformer isolation eliminates noise
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+/0.5dB)
- Dynamic range: 115dB
- Maximum input: +20dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase deviation: 3* @ 100Hz; 8* @ 50Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 1k Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB3, 12:1 ratio
- Shield:Copper foil
- Input pad: -10dB
- Auto Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114 mm x 47 mm x 34 mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 102 x 76 x 165 mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.