Novation Bass Station II
The Novation Bass Station II is an updated version of their classic Bass Station, albeit with a dazzling and extensive array of ingenious features too numerous for this brief description. Like its predecessor, the Bass Station II is inherently portable and features a completely analog signal path. Feature-wise, the mono-synth contains two filters, dual oscillators, a sub-oscillator, and an all-analog signal path and effects section. Additionally, users can save and recall presets, access an internal step sequencer, arpeggiator, an extensive modulation section, and a 25 note keyboard.
As its name suggests, the Bass Station II is oriented towards bass tones, but is capable of much more. Its sound engine is capable of an array of leads and arpeggios, while its keys are velocity sensitive and feature assignable aftertouch. Each key is individually sprung, making them both light and extremely responsive.
In terms of connectivity, the Bass Station II features MIDI I/O and USB connectivity. There’s also an external instrument input that enables users to route external instruments through the synthesizer’s analog filter and effects section.
Bass Station II Features
- Analogue synth: Bass Station II has a pure analogue audio signal path, reviving the spirit of the original Bass Station with an all-new design optimised for bass
- Two distinct analogue filters: A brand new “Acid” filter joins the “Classic” original Bass Station filter -(“Classic” switches between low, hi and band pass with 12 and 24dB slopes)
- Load and save patches: Bass Station II ships with 64 factory patches and a further 64 user slots. Patch dump enables you to archive and swap sounds
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator: Bass Station II has an arpeggiator with a programmable step sequencer that enables you to store and call up patterns and quickly sketch-out ideas
- Dedicated Tweakable Controls: Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters enabling instant hands-on control of the sound engine
- Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator: Bass Station II has two sync-able, tune-able oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator for generating enormous bass sounds
- Analogue effects section: Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality
- Flexible modulation featuring 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs: LFO waveforms include triangle, sawtooth, square and sample & hold. Two ADSR envelopes are available for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity: Bass Station II can be connected to your music software as well as your MIDI compatible hardware
- Players 'synth-action' keyboard with aftertouch: The keyboard mechanism is a two-octave (25 note) velocity sensitive synth-action keyboard with full-size keys and assignable aftertouch