Noise EngineeringAtaraxic Iteritas Glitch Oscillator
Noise Engineering Ataraxic Iteritas
Ataraxis Iteritas is a new member of the line of groundbreaking oscillators from Noise Engineering: one that excels at all things glitchy, sputtery, and unabashedly digital. This is one for lovers of sonic chaos and digital defects.
While its siblings Basimilus Iteritas Alter and Manis Iteritas are themselves full synthesizer voices, the Ataraxic Iteritas is an oscillator, albeit a peculiar one. Taking a cue from its predecessor (the Ataraxic Translatron), the AI is geared toward glitchy sounds reminiscent of old video game consoles, circuit-bent electronics, and other similar devices of sonic devastation. Adding many more tonal controls than its forebear, the AI utilizes wavefolding, distortion, and amplitude modulation to shape three-bit tables, leading to everything from grinding drones, piercing leads, and outright dial-up modem chaos.
The Ataraxic Iteritas pairs beautifully with analog filters and waveshapers to tame the digital harshness—or run things fully open to witness the raw power of this pseudo-chiptune sound source. As Noise Engineering themselves say, AI is guaranteed to one-up any fax machine.
Ataraxic Iteritas Features
- Digital oscillator with powerful tone shaping controls
- Ideal for glitch, metallic sounds, and outright chaos
- Next-generation evolution of the Linear Feedback Shift Register (LFSR) based Ataraxic Translatron
- Based on three-bit tables with many options for interpolation and tone shaping
- Pitch control via pressable encoder: coarse control when encoder is pressed, fine control when unpressed
- Dedicated manual controls for Pitch, Noise, Comb, Shape, Soft Fold, Waveform, Time Mod,Pitch Range, and Mode (L/S/2)
- Noise adds white noise amplitude modulation for broken fuzziness
- Comb emphasizes high or low harmonics
- Shape controls interpolation between waveforms
- Soft Fold is an asymmetrical folding algorithm ideal for animating simple timbres
- Waveforms blends between waveform in selected bit table (selected via LFSR, SQR, SQ2 Mode switch)
- Time Mod offers PWM/Hard Sync/Phaser-style flavors
- Bass/Alto/Treble range switch
- Voltage control of all parameters!
- Sync input
- Gnarly-as-ever NE graphics
- Eurorack module
- Width: 10hp
- Depth: 1.5"
- Current draw: 150mA @ +12V, 5mA @ -12V