Neuzeit InstrumentsQuasar 3D Audio Mixer
- No Hassle
Neuzeit Instruments Quasar
Quasar from Neuzeit Instruments is a 3D, binaural stereo mixer that is capable of left, right, front, and back positioning of two input signals. The core interaction is based around two large, luscious encoders with LED illumination that control a set of parameters displayed on the central OLED screen. Of those parameters: position, angle, height, distance, room (reverb), HP/LP filters, and others are available to fine tune the spatial realization of your audio signals. Through the filter section, you can choose to route certain frequency bands to the Center position, Position A, or Position B. Positions A and B are able to be placed in the stereo field, while the Center position receives no processing and is equally distributed. A classic technique is to route the lower frequencies to the center and add movement to the higher bands—keeping your bass deep and present, while skittering the highs and mids across the plane.
Dedicated volume controls for input and output, plus a separate TRS headphone output with independent level make it very easy to adjust the right level and space for your sounds. Two CV inputs give you the option to add automation to any of the parameters and can be assigned via the menus. Add creative, spacial movement to your rack with the Quasar from Neuzeit Instruments and take control of the space around you.
- 3D binaural algorithmic stereo mixer
- 2 Mono inputs
- Stereo output: 2 single jacks and a TRS headphone out
- Large aluminum encoders with LEDs provide feedback and parameter adjustment
- OLED display for navigation and for parameter display
- 2 CV inputs can be routed to all parameters
- Dedicated volume potentiometers for inputs, outputs, positions A & B, and center
- Eurorack module
- Width: 14hp
- Depth: 48mm
- Current draw: 220mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V