Mutable InstrumentsStages Segment Generator
Mutable Instruments Stages
Don't bother trying to psychoanalyze this one; its proclivities simply cannot be localized to a single primal stage—hence the plural designation. Despite its seemingly intricate depth and inherent flexibility, the module is surprisingly straightforward and demystifies many of the complexities inherent in the conceptualization and execution of modulation within a eurorack environment.
Essentially, Stages can either be oriented as a single complex modulation source or divided into multiple modulation sources. Whether it's a 6-stage envelope, 4-step sequence, ASR envelope, or LFO, the module is capable of handling it all. Better yet, it is configured in such a way that lends users a greater understanding of the modulation configuration within their patch, no pre-programmed menu systems or screens here!
The module's behavior changes depending on which of its gate inputs are being used. Once a cable is patched, the module groups its segments in accordance with one of the aforementioned modulation types. Need more than 6 segments? No problem. Up to six modules can be connected via rear connector, allowing one to create a formidable modulation source unlike anything else in the eurorack domain.
- Ergonomic layout
- Three segment types: Ramp, Hold, Step
- Single and grouped segment looping capabilities
- Single segment processing
- CV output range: 0V to +8V (though a negative CV down to -8V can be generated by a Hold or Step segment via CV modulation)
- Segment duration: 1ms to 16s
- All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 2kHz
- 31.25kHz refresh rate
- 16-bit CV capture, 14-bit CV generation with accurate software calibration. Error below 2mV