Mutable Instruments Shades 3 CH Attenuverter Attenuator
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Mutable Instruments Shades
Shades is a practical 3-channel audio/CV processor that can be patched as a mixer or signal inverter, with each channel configurable as an attenuator or attenuverter.
All inputs are DC coupled, and can be used independently of one another for a broad range of functionality. Conversely, all outputs are normalized, so when a particular channel is left unpatched it is summed into the next channel (i.e., if channel 1’s output is unpatched then the summed signal outputs from channel 2—or, if channels 1 and 2 are unpatched then the summed signal outputs through channel 3). Combined, these features make Shades an exceptional mixer, capable offset generator, and an effective utility module no matter the size of your system.
- Three Channels of attenuverters/active attenuators.
- Cascading inputs for complex mixing/offsetting applications.
- Switches between bipolar and unipolar signal types.
- When output 1 is left unconnected, the signal on output 2 is the sum of channels 1 and 2. Channel 3 can be used for another purpose (attenuation, attenuversion, or constant CV generation).
- When output 1 and 2 are left unconnected, the signal on output 3 is the sum of channels 1, 2 and 3.
- Leave channel 1′s input and output unconnected, and connect a CV source to channel 2′s input. Channel 2′s output will contain a scaled and offset copy of the input CV. Channel 1′s level knob will control the offset and channel 2′s level knob will control the signal scale and polarity.
- Input impedance: 100k.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- Low-distortion audio op-amps (LME49720) and thin film 0.1% resistors improve transparency in audio mixing applications, and allow exact unitary gains for precision addition of pitch CV signals.
- Current consumption: +/-12V: 15mA.