Mutable Instruments Ripples 4 Pole Filter
- Free Shipping
- No Hassle Returns
- Extended Warranty
- Low Price Guarantee
Mutable Instruments Ripples
Ripples, from Mutable Instruments, is a classic analog filter. It has 4 individual outputs, providing both two-pole and four-pole architectures, which gives a -12dB (2-pole) or a -24dB filter slope (4-pole). It has resonance that can self-oscillate, producing an extremely clean sine wave. Another aspect of Ripples that improves on historical designs is its implementation of loudness compensation. This makes sure the lower frequencies don't lose volumes when resonance is increased, something common in virtually all vintage synthesizers. Also built in is a VCA, making Ripples a perfect final module in a subtractive synthesis patch.
- Signal in
- Frequency CV 1 (1V/Oct)
- Resonance CV. Self oscillation starts at 4V. Control voltages above 5V are non-linearly compressed, for fine control of resonance overdrive
- Frequency CV 2 (with bipolar attenuator, from -1V/Oct to 1V/Oct)
- VCA level. Control voltages above 5V are non-linearly compressed.
- Cutoff frequency, 18Hz to 18kHz
- Resonance (self oscillation at 80%)
- Attenuverter on Frequency CV
- 2-pole BP
- 2-pole LP
- 4-pole LP
- 4-pole LP attenuated by VCA
- Eurorack Module
- 8 HP Width
- Fully analog, based on SSM2164 low noise/distortion quad VCA chip, and LM13700 OTA for that extra bit of non-linearity.
- Frequency CV inputs impedance: 100k.
- Audio input impedance: 75k.
- Resonance and VCA CV input impedance: 30k.
- Open-source hardware.
- +12V: 35mA current draw
- -12V: 35mA current draw