MOTU8M 8 CH Thunderbolt / USB Audio Interface
- Low Prices
MOTU 8M 8 CH Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface
The MOTU 8M is a powerful audio interface boasting an exceptional dynamic range and console style mixing. It features 50 channels of audio I/O and supports USB 2.0 connectivity compatible with USB 3.0. The unit’s back panel affords access to eight mic inputs, each with everything required to balance the input signal, including individual gain, pad, and 48V Phantom Power. Additionally, each input features V-Limit, a form of overload protection that increases the headroom by 9dB from digital zero. There’s also a routing grid that lets users patch ins to outs, as well as send splits inputs to several places. One of the 8M’s best features is its powerful DSP, which affords 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and a 32-bit floating point effects section. The effects section consists of analog EQ, compression, and reverb. Effects can also be accessed independently from a computer, where the 8M can be configured as an independent mixer and controlled via the 8M app for unbridled efficiency that’s perfect for both studio and stage environments.
8M 8 CH Thunderbolt/USB Features
- Superb audio quality with exceptional dynamic range
- 50 simultaneous audio channels
- 8 XLR/TRS combo inputs with individual preamps
- Each Preamp input includes Pad & Phantom Power
- 8 balanced/unbalanced TRS analog outs
- 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical ports for 24 X 26 I/O total
- Universal connectivity - Thunderbolt & USB 2.0 / 3.0 USB
- Firmware and drivers compatible with all audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP
- Large console style mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses
- DSP effects, including reverb with sends
- Modeled analog EQ, compression, gate and reverb.
- Expand to a 2nd MOTU interface via Cat-5e ethernet cable.
- Connect up to 5 MOTU interfaces via optional AVB Switch
- Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers
- Ultra-low network latency even over long cable runs
- Stream hundreds of audio channels along the network
- Flexible, matrix-style routing & splitting for all inputs
- Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations
- Series: Thunderbolt
- Model: 8M
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Mic Preamps: 8
- Ethernet Cat5: Yes
- ADAT I/O: Yes
- Optical I/O: Yes
- Interface Type: USB / AVB Ethernet / Thunderbolt