MOTU828es Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- No Hassle
- Low Prices
A worthy candidate for the centerpiece of a modern recording setup, MOTU's 828es stands out by offering both impressive dynamic range and highly flexible I/O capability in one single device. Two combo inputs with preamps as well as eight balanced line inputs provide ample connectivity to several instruments, and eight dedicated, DC-coupled line outputs are available for external audio processing or voltage control of hardware instruments.
Those expanding their current setup will have no issue integrating the 828es, as it offers plenty of digital I/O with optical and S/PDIF connections, timecode and word clock I/O, as well as powerful AVB audio networking potential. And whether you are updating your studio connections or using it as a compact live mixer, the 828es makes signal routing and configuration a breeze with MOTU's dedicated web app. Any computer, tablet, or mobile device, whether it's Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, or Android, will be able to control levels, onboard DSP processing, and audio routing with ease as long as it's connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the 828es.
- 123dB dynamic range courtesy of ESS Sabre32 DACs
- Two mic/line combo inputs with front-panel gain, pad, and 48v phantom power
- Eight DC-coupled line outputs for external audio routing or voltage control of hardware instruments
- Front-panel monitoring controls for A/B switching, talkback, mute, and mono summation
- 16 ADAT inputs and outputs
- Dedicated I/O for both Word Clock and Timecode
- No need for a separate MIDI interface thanks to built-in MIDI I/O
- Dedicated footswitch input mappable to punch-in recording or most functions in a DAW
- Low latency with Thunderbolt 1 and high-speed USB 2, additionally compatible with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt 2 & 3
- Class-compliant interface when connected via USB 2
- Up to 256 channels of audio I/O (128 each way) via Thunderbolt
- On-board DSP processing for reverb, EQ, and compression
- Cross-platform web app controls mix levels, effects, and signal routing
- Analog Inputs: 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Line Inputs, 2x Mic/Guitar Combo inputs with preamps
- Analog Outputs: 2x XLR Main Outputs, 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Line Outputs, 2x TRS 1/4" Sends
- Headphone Outputs: 2x Stereo 1/4"
- Digital Inputs: 16 channels ADAT, 2 channels RCA S/PDIF
- Digital Outputs: 16 channels ADAT, 2 channels RCA S/PDIF
- 1/4" Footswitch Input
- MIDI I/O
- Sync Inputs: 1x BNC Word Clock Input, 1x 1/4" Time Code Input
- Sync Outputs: 1x BNC Word Clock Output, 1x 1/4" Time Code Output
- AVB Network I/O via Ethernet
- Sample Rate: Up to 192 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- OS Requirements: macOS 10.8 or later, Windows 7 or later
- Dimensions: 17.25 x 7 x 1.75"
- Power: Auto-switching International 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 0.5A max draw